FOOTBALLING GODS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FOOTBALLING GODS

Post  villainies on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Shaw, Williams, prepared to venture down the left. There's a good ball in for Tony Morley. Oh, it must be and it is! It's Peter Withe cheers

villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOOTBALLING GODS

Post  Tilton on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:11 pm

I seem to remember it came off Withe's shin and went in off the post? On another day that would have gone the other side of the post and out for a goal kick.

Lucky, lucky viler.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 pm

I remember being behind the goal and it was perfectly placed by Peter Withe. Great performance and totally outclassed the German giants cheers
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:46 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I remember being behind the goal and it was perfectly placed by Peter Withe. Great performance and totally outclassed the German giants cheers

Breitner, Augenthaler and Rummenigge. German greats, but no match for the Brummies. cheers
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:47 pm

You fluked it. And you know it.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Tilton wrote:You fluked it. And you know it.

They couldn't cope with Morley and Shaw. We intimidated them, made them nervous, challenged their superiority and finally overcame them with skill, passion and determination - the hallmarks of a truly great football club. PREPARED.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Tilts, to be fair we did not beat the might of Rochdale, MK Dons, Brentford, villa and a piss poor West Ham side before fluking a win against the might of Arsenal, who only Jak and JPR can ever remember them winning a trophy.

No we had to beat shit like Dynamo Berlin (great team and the hardest game on route was the retun home leg where we lost 1-0, went through on away goals), Dynamo Kiev, who possessed Oleg Blochin, one of the worlds best players at the time. Then we had Anderlecht in the semis and thrashed Bayern in the final. Great days and bringing a tear to my eyes as I tripe cheers
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:05 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Tilts, to be fair we did not beat the might of Rochdale, MK Dons, Brentford, villa and a piss poor West Ham side before fluking a win against the might of Arsenal, who only Jak and JPR can ever remember them winning a trophy.

No we had to beat shit like Dynamo Berlin (great team and the hardest game on route was the retun home leg where we lost 1-0, went through on away goals), Dynamo Kiev, who possessed Oleg Blochin, one of the worlds best players at the time. Then we had Anderlecht in the semis and thrashed Bayern in the final. Great days and bringing a tear to my eyes as I tripe cheers

You said it. A complete load of tripe.

You fluked a cup 30 years ago. Well done Very Happy

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Tilton wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Tilts, to be fair we did not beat the might of Rochdale, MK Dons, Brentford, villa and a piss poor West Ham side before fluking a win against the might of Arsenal, who only Jak and JPR can ever remember them winning a trophy.

The feckin cheek of it. I can tell you are a chancer Tilton, a chancer of the highest order. Suspect I can't wait till we;re thrashing your lot again.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Tilton wrote:

You fluked a cup IN 30 years. Well done Very Happy

You talking to yourself there Titlts Very Happy

Last edited by ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:46 pm

I like playing the memory game. cheers

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:51 pm

villainies wrote:
Tilton wrote:

The feckin cheek of it. I can tell you are a chancer Tilton, a chancer of the highest order. Suspect I can't wait till we;re thrashing your lot again.

Well you may look forward to it villainies, but I dont want to get relegated to the chumpionship Mad
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Tilton wrote:

I was trying to be funny, but failed yet again Wink
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:44 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Tilton wrote:

I was trying to be funny, but failed yet again Wink

I think you're funny, Luton. Woohoo Woohoo Woohoo Woohoo

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 pm

That says it all Jak Sad Sad
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:55 am

Tilton wrote:You fluked it. And you know it.

About the same time you guys fluked the......errmmm....Autowindshields Trophy?

Very Happy
Reddi!

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:57 am

jak wrote:I like playing the memory game. cheers

Getting more difficult as the years go by, I'd imagine! Very Happy
Reddi!

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down