RELEGATION

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RELEGATION

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:50 am

You are not wrong Tilts, to be fair the whole standard of the premiership has been as bad as I can recall.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:55 am

From what I've seen, I'd say that's right. Even the 'top' teams haven't been very good to watch for a lot of the season.

For what it's worth, relegation from the Premiership isn't the end of the world.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Tilton wrote:From what I've seen, I'd say that's right. Even the 'top' teams haven't been very good to watch for a lot of the season.

For what it's worth, relegation from the Premiership isn't the end of the world.

You say that but how many clubs go down, come back up and stay up and are stronger? Seems to me that that most go up then down over a cycle of a couple of years. I've heard a few Villa fans saying maybe that maybe dropping a division might be a good thing but I think its the worst thing that could happen to us. What Villa need is RL to appoint a top CEO to run the club in his absence, we lack vision and direction.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:21 pm

If viler got relegated I would expect them to come straight back up the following season so there maybe wouldn't be too much long term damage. A lot would depend on Randy bankrolling you in the Championship for a season though. It could well be his excuse to feck off, if he could find a buyer. That in turn could set you free from McLeish. Every cloud, and all that.......

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:35 pm

villainies wrote:
Tilton wrote:From what I've seen, I'd say that's right. Even the 'top' teams haven't been very good to watch for a lot of the season.

You say that but how many clubs go down, come back up and stay up and are stronger? Seems to me that that most go up then down over a cycle of a couple of years. I've heard a few Villa fans saying maybe that maybe dropping a division might be a good thing but I think its the worst thing that could happen to us. What Villa need is RL to appoint a top CEO to run the club in his absence, we lack vision and direction.

Considering a career move, Villainies? Suspect

Last edited by jak on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:40 pm

I have the upmost faith in the jock to keep us up Sad
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 pm

UP? Up where?

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Sounds like McLeish doesn't entirely share your confidence......

"I don't think I have ever not been worried this season" McLeish told the Daily Mirror.

"We have to look to get to at least 40 points. That is the target I'd be giving to the players and get to that target as quickly as possible.

"I think we could have been better with some of the points we have thrown away.

"But we have been weakened by injuries. Birmingham were also definitely significantly weakened after winning the Cup final - losing about five or six key players.

Getting his excuses in early?

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Tilton wrote:If viler got relegated I would expect them to come straight back up the following season so there maybe wouldn't be too much long term damage. A lot would depend on Randy bankrolling you in the Championship for a season though. It could well be his excuse to feck off, if he could find a buyer. That in turn could set you free from McLeish. Every cloud, and all that.......

If you come straight back up and lose no key players its not so bad but if you stay down I think the negative effect could be huge.
I reckon RL wants out regardless, but finding a buyer isn't easy and he will want to recoup most if not all his money.

As for AM if we got relegated he'd be gone and I don't think he'd find another job in the prem too quickly. He's buying a new house at the moment so that would suggest he's fairly confident that the Villa job is his next year.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:59 pm

For what it's worth I'll add my ha'penneth.
Relegation : it may not be the end of the world but it doesn't get much worse IMO - I'd hate my team to be playing in the second division, whatever the circumstances.
Premier League : it seems to me that this season the standard has been lower e.g. ManU aren't a great team but they're gonna walk the title but perhaps those who've complained about how there were two leagues, the famous "Top 4" and the rest, will at least be happier cos now there's only a "Top 1" and the rest, so it's more open. I was talking to a Spanish bloke earlier today and said that I thought the Premier League was weaker this season and he said that the Premier League is, without doubt the best football league in Europe. He claimed that every match you watch contains two teams battling with skill, spirit and speed - either team can win. In Spain, he said, there are 2 teams and the rest are ordinary, in Italy much the same etc.
So, let's not be having this "it ain't so bad" shite when talking relegation and let's be proud that top-class English football is still considered the standard in Europe!

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:12 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Is your missus out by any chance Ades, as know she dont let you on the laptop Very Happy

WTF you on about Rolling Eyes

Going to cinema to watch The Devil Inside.. doubt you heard of it.. ask Craig thankfully he's not a boring fecker like you Very Happy

Looks like a good movie, let us know how it is!
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:24 pm

villainies wrote:
Tilton wrote:If viler got relegated I would expect them to come straight back up the following season so there maybe wouldn't be too much long term damage. A lot would depend on Randy bankrolling you in the Championship for a season though. It could well be his excuse to feck off, if he could find a buyer. That in turn could set you free from McLeish. Every cloud, and all that.......

If you come straight back up and lose no key players its not so bad but if you stay down I think the negative effect could be huge.
I reckon RL wants out regardless, but finding a buyer isn't easy and he will want to recoup most if not all his money.

As for AM if we got relegated he'd be gone and I don't think he'd find another job in the prem too quickly. He's buying a new house at the moment so that would suggest he's fairly confident that the Villa job is his next year.

That's the point. You'd need Randy to make up the shortfall in Sky money for a season to hold onto players, like Newcastle did. More than one season without the extra Sky money changes things considerably.

I'm not so sure that Randy would want to pay off McLeish if you did go down. Not given all the other financial implications of relegation.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Is your missus out by any chance Ades, as know she dont let you on the laptop Very Happy

Going to cinema to watch The Devil Inside.. doubt you heard of it.. ask Craig thankfully he's not a boring fecker like you Very Happy

I saw it last week. It was shit.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Tilton wrote:

That's the point. You'd need Randy to make up the shortfall in Sky money for a season to hold onto players, like Newcastle did. More than one season without the extra Sky money changes things considerably.

I'm not so sure that Randy would want to pay off McLeish if you did go down. Not given all the other financial implications of relegation.

Relegation and keeping McLeish, ever Villa fan's dream there. Sad

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Yeah, maybe that would be just a bit too much to ask for Very Happy

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:35 am

Tilton wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

I saw it last week. It was shit.

Agree with that..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top