Alex Mcliesh..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alex Mcliesh..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:08 pm

20th best paid manager in Europe.. on more money than the Milan manager Shocked Shocked

But the worst manager in the Prem.. Mad

**** off..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Mcliesh..

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:34 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:20th best paid manager in Europe.. on more money than the Milan manager Shocked Shocked

But the worst manager in the Prem.. Mad

**** off..

Think he is the 7/8th best paid manager in the Prem. He is the wrong manager for Villa but surely you would expect the Villa manager to be around 7/8th highest paid in the Prem?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:36 pm

Yes i would but i wouldn't expect Villa to be employing someone who SHOULDN'T be the 7/8th best paid manager ( if that stat is true ).. Would you?
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:53 pm

Agreed, but I saw the artical you probably read about McLeish's pay and it was embarrasing.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Haven't seen the article RoT.. what did it say..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:38 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Haven't seen the article RoT.. what did it say..

Bringing the 20th best paid manager in the world into it. Sunderland and QPR pay their manager more. McLeish certainly seems to have done as well as we feared. How much we are paying him means **** all.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:48 pm

I agree.. but when your not doing well everything gets highlighted..

The amount of money Lerner has wasted on manager wages and pay offs could all have been saved if he had a top CEO..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:37 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I agree.. but when your not doing well everything gets highlighted..

The amount of money Lerner has wasted on manager wages and pay offs could all have been saved if he had a top CEO..

Must be a lot of Premier League club that feel that with the money they have wasted on managers but I do wonder what good Paul Falkner does.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:25 pm

We are shite, but fair play to both sets of clubs for supporting a top man today
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:08 am

villanfromluton wrote:We are shite, but fair play to both sets of clubs for supporting a top man today

Yes that was very good.. Martin Petrov's t shirt and post match interview was great too..

Petrov is a top man.. must've taken a lot to come to the game..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:22 am

I hope Petrov's treatment is successful. He seems a very nice person.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:44 am

villanfromluton wrote:We are shite, but fair play to both sets of clubs for supporting a top man today

Yes. Very impressed by that. it was very humbling to watch his reaction. I get the impression he is a very good man, I hope he responds to his treatment.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:13 pm

villainies wrote:

Yes. Very impressed by that. it was very humbling to watch his reaction. I get the impression he is a very good man, I hope he responds to his treatment.

I nearly cried when I saw it on MotD.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Celtic did the same during their game yesterday, Neil Lennon actually put a petrov shirt on during the 19th minute. He is obviously a very popular person, puts football into perspective really
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:20 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Celtic did the same during their game yesterday, Neil Lennon actually put a petrov shirt on during the 19th minute. He is obviously a very popular person, puts football into perspective really

Indeed.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:36 am

He was on a hiding to nothing from the day he took the job with a large section of the fans not wanting him.In my opinion the players have hidden behind his unpopularity and delivered far too many substandard performances.I can't blame McLeish for example for the amount of goals we've gifted the opposition from set pieces.Basic football skills which are learnt as a schoolboy haven't been produced.The problem with having McLeish at the helm is that they are out of the spotlight and the manager receives the flak instead.
His signings.......Well I can't recall seeing too many negative posts when N'Zogbia and Given were signed.In fact there was a hint of genuine excitement with N'Zogbia.For me he's been a major disappointment but i'm not knocking McLeish for that.IMO Mcleish strikes me a good guy and has more success than failure on his CV.However, he'll never be the right man for the Aston Villa job.Similar to the way George Graham who despite winning a cup was never the right man for Spurs.
In all my time following Villa we've had fans who seem to revel in moaning.Even during my favourite spell under big Ron there were grumbles, top 6 and Wembley appearances under MoN wasn't enough either.Throw in a manager who many didn't want in the first place and it's meltdown time. We're no longer in the financial position to compete with the top 4, but as Everton show consistently and Newcastle have this term we have the resources to trouble the top six. A change of manager and all round attitude of the club is called for, and for me i'd be going all out to appoint Paul Lambert, but unless we do get relegated i can't see anyone but McLeish being in charge next season. Time to get on with it and support the team to the points we need to ensure we aren't looking at fixtures such as Peterborough away next season.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top