Player of the Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who deserves player of the season?

70% 70% 
[ 7 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
20% 20% 
[ 2 ]
10% 10% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 10

Player of the Season

Post  Jay.P.A on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:16 pm

It's a sorry state of affairs when I can't think of a person who really deserves it, except Robbie Keane, who was only here for a month ffs.

Maybe Stan Petrov or even Ireland?

I dunno.

I've put up a poll anyway
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 28
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:13 pm

I've opted for Given. He's been a good signing. After him i'd go for Herd and Petrov. Not a sentimental vote but i thought he was doing quite well.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  villainies on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:22 pm

All a bunch of jokers.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:30 pm

I would probably have picked Petrov if you gave us the option, most of the games I went to I came away thinking he was our best player.

Given would be my next choice.

Young player of the year would have to be Herd, however I think next season Clark could make that midfield role where Petrov played his own.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  Jay.P.A on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:21 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:I would probably have picked Petrov if you gave us the option, most of the games I went to I came away thinking he was our best player.

Given would be my next choice.

Young player of the year would have to be Herd, however I think next season Clark could make that midfield role where Petrov played his own.

Defo would give it to petrov, unfortunatly theres only space for 10 poll options.

And a thing about Clark - I reckon he could be our next Gareth Barry. In the game against WBA, I saw a few similarities.
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 28
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue May 01, 2012 12:15 am

Steven Ireland won it at the awards at Villa
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 28
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 01, 2012 6:18 am

Jay.P.A wrote:Steven Ireland won it at the awards at Villa

Fans voting have obviously been smoking whatever Ireland was. Is it 1 goal and 1 assist all season. Only game I can think of when he was the best player was Cheslsea away.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 01, 2012 9:16 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:Steven Ireland won it at the awards at Villa

Fans voting have obviously been smoking whatever Ireland was. Is it 1 goal and 1 assist all season. Only game I can think of when he was the best player was Cheslsea away.

Very Happy That's what i thought.. how could the fans vote him ahead of Given and Petrov.. besides that it's been a truly shocking season..

avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  QBVILLA on Tue May 01, 2012 11:00 am

Apparently it was won based on man of the match awards at the game in a points totting up system
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  QBVILLA on Tue May 01, 2012 11:01 am

S.Ireland 32
G.Agbonlahor 23
S.Petrov 21
M.Albrighton 21
S.Given 18
C.Herd 16

avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Gabby was phenomenal for the first 3 months of the season, scoring good goals and sending in brilliant crosses in with either foot for Darren Bent, while playing left wing, then it all went wrong.

Petrov deserves it IMO. You can see how much we miss him now. Plus he scored a few cracking goals this season.

Ireland has had a couple of good games, but hasnt taken a game by the scruff of the neck yet IMO, like he used to do before Man City was taken over.
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 28
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 01, 2012 12:22 pm

QBVILLA wrote:S.Ireland 32
G.Agbonlahor 23
S.Petrov 21
M.Albrighton 21
S.Given 18
C.Herd 16


Yeah, the voting is done via the website, most likely by people that have never been to the game but just want Ireland to do well.

Mark Albrighton in 4th place? It has been a bad season.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  villahagler69 on Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Stephen Ireland! They should have renamed the award. "Least shittest of the shittest" Player of the Year. On that basis I believe if I was given a few starts I could have been Villa`s Player of the Year. They should have scrapped it out of respect.

villahagler69

Posts : 377
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 43
Location : South Bucks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  villainies on Tue May 01, 2012 12:30 pm

villahagler69 wrote:Stephen Ireland! They should have renamed the award. "Least shittest of the shittest" Player of the Year. On that basis I believe if I was given a few starts I could have been Villa`s Player of the Year. They should have scrapped it out of respect.

I agree. Should've been quietly sidelined for this season.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Gabby was phenomenal for the first 3 months of the season, scoring good goals and sending in brilliant crosses in with either foot for Darren Bent, while playing left wing, then it all went wrong.

Petrov deserves it IMO. You can see how much we miss him now. Plus he scored a few cracking goals this season.

Ireland has had a couple of good games, but hasnt taken a game by the scruff of the neck yet IMO, like he used to do before Man City was taken over.

If Petrov deserves it then why didn't he make your top 10 Very Happy
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue May 01, 2012 4:17 pm

didn't know there was a limit, also the poll cut out Hutton, Warnock, Albrighton and Heskey Very Happy
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 28
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  QBVILLA on Tue May 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Which big nosed Hammer voted for N'Zogbia?
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  Bedshammer on Tue May 01, 2012 5:05 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Which big nosed Hammer voted for N'Zogbia?

Any clues?
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player of the Season

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum