Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 15, 2012 10:54 am

Bully thats not even funny pale
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Martinez or Lambert?

Post  Bully 9 on Tue May 15, 2012 10:58 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Bully thats not even funny pale

Oh come on Ades, it is a bit........ Wink im sorry, its what relegation does to you.......... Very Happy
Bully 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig on Tue May 15, 2012 11:15 am

Well if it was me i would be screaming for Martinez,,i reckon Lambert will be found out next season for sure,second prem season allways the hardest,,but Martinez for me is now coming good and would fit Villa like a glove,,likes to play open footy and you cant take it away from him he got a lot out of those very ordinary Wigan players at the end of the season,,would be a good choice in my thinking,,but Whelan would not let him go lightly and they do get on great,,so a manger with proven prem experience and a young and up and coming one Martinez ticks all the boxes.if he would come.

Trig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

Bully 9 wrote:

Oh come on Ades, it is a bit........ Wink im sorry, its what relegation does to you.......... Very Happy

Just because you lot have got your fancy foreign manager in.. no need to be spitefull Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 on Tue May 15, 2012 11:26 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Bully 9 wrote:

Just because you lot have got your fancy foreign manager in.. no need to be spitefull Very Happy

Im sorry Ades did i come across as bein smug? Very Happy No, i would never be spiteful to you.......... Hugz
Bully 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Bully Lutes has PM'd me saying ive reached my three message response limit to you for the day.. anymore and there will be serious repercussions What a Face
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue May 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Trig wrote:Well if it was me i would be screaming for Martinez,,i reckon Lambert will be found out next season for sure,second prem season allways the hardest,,but Martinez for me is now coming good and would fit Villa like a glove,,likes to play open footy and you cant take it away from him he got a lot out of those very ordinary Wigan players at the end of the season,,would be a good choice in my thinking,,but Whelan would not let him go lightly and they do get on great,,so a manger with proven prem experience and a young and up and coming one Martinez ticks all the boxes.if he would come.

I'm with Trig on this one.

I don't get why you lot are all wanking over Paul Lambert. Do you really think he's the man to lead viler to the promised land of a top half finish? Or does this just show that vilers have finally awoken from their dream of competing with the big boys?

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Tilton wrote:
Trig wrote:Well if it was me i would be screaming for Martinez,,i reckon Lambert will be found out next season for sure,second prem season allways the hardest,,but Martinez for me is now coming good and would fit Villa like a glove,,likes to play open footy and you cant take it away from him he got a lot out of those very ordinary Wigan players at the end of the season,,would be a good choice in my thinking,,but Whelan would not let him go lightly and they do get on great,,so a manger with proven prem experience and a young and up and coming one Martinez ticks all the boxes.if he would come.

I don't get why you lot are all wanking over Paul Lambert. Do you really think he's the man to lead viler to the promised land of a top half finish? Or does this just show that vilers have finally awoken from their dream of competing with the big boys?

Is a top half finish competing with the big boys?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue May 15, 2012 12:33 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Blues wouldn't know.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue May 15, 2012 12:49 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Bully Lutes has PM'd me saying ive reached my three message response limit to you for the day.. anymore and there will be serious repercussions What a Face

Leave the gags to the experts Ades Shocked
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Tilton wrote:

The teams that finished top 9 this season are all 'big boys' compared to viler now. You could probably throw Sunderland in there aswell.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue May 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Didn't we finish 9th last year, and that was a poor year, now mcleish has gone, we will be back up there easy, no problem at all.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Tilton wrote:

The teams that finished top 9 this season are all 'big boys' compared to viler now. You could probably throw Sunderland in there aswell.

I'm embarrassed for you at this attempt.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue May 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Didn't we finish 9th last year, and that was a poor year, now mcleish has gone, we will be back up there easy, no problem at all.

You've been on the slide for a couple of seasons now. You only got 9th last year because of a couple of freak results at the end of the season.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 15, 2012 1:37 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Bully Lutes has PM'd me saying ive reached my three message response limit to you for the day.. anymore and there will be serious repercussions What a Face

Leave the gags to the experts Ades Shocked

What the 50 plus brigade getting excited at midnight with there internet teasing Rolling Eyes
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue May 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Tilton wrote:

Come on Tilto mate, you've got to do better than that on here. I think a very promising up coming manager like Lambert is just the refreshing change Villa need. We also need some stability and the nxt manager will have a lot of support from the fans. IMO next season will be tough but I think Lambert could be the man to lead us to where we should be given finances and that is 7th.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Tilton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Didn't we finish 9th last year, and that was a poor year, now mcleish has gone, we will be back up there easy, no problem at all.

You've been on the slide for a couple of seasons now. You only got 9th last year because of a couple of freak results at the end of the season.

You sound like Mcliesh there Tilts.. 'if only for a few freak things i would've been the greatest manager in Blues history' Laughing
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue May 15, 2012 1:39 pm

League doesn't lie Tilton, otherwise we could just say we was only where we are this season because of some freak results at home, it works both ways. You can look back at the last 20 years and see Villa safely in the top half most years with the occasional blip down in 16th, I have had a season ticket 10 years and we have finished in 16th 3 times, finished in the top half 6 times. This was just another blip because of a very poor manager taken from a very poor team, its over now we can look forward to normality and mid table safety again next season, the joy Wink

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue May 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Lambert back at favourite now. cheers
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue May 15, 2012 2:01 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Tilton wrote:

I'm embarrassed for you at this attempt.

Don't be. In your heart you know it's true.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue May 15, 2012 2:08 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Tilton wrote:

You sound like Mcliesh there Tilts.. 'if only for a few freak things i would've been the greatest manager in Blues history' Laughing

Very Happy Yeah, I saw that quote from him.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue May 15, 2012 2:17 pm

villainies wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Come on Tilto mate, you've got to do better than that on here. I think a very promising up coming manager like Lambert is just the refreshing change Villa need. We also need some stability and the nxt manager will have a lot of support from the fans. IMO next season will be tough but I think Lambert could be the man to lead us to where we should be given finances and that is 7th.

The thing is, I'm not even taking the piss. There have been a number of managers who have had a decent first season in the Premiership and then it goes tits up because they get found out. Other teams work out their tactics and know how to counter them. Second season syndrome.

Your next manager will not only have to work within tough financial restraints, he'll also have the added pressure of delivering a minimum 7th place finish just to keep supporters like you happy.

If I was Lambert, I'd stay in Norwich and carry on crunching carrots.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Tilton wrote:

The thing is, I'm not even taking the piss. There have been a number of managers who have had a decent first season in the Premiership and then it goes tits up because they get found out. Other teams work out their tactics and know how to counter them. Second season syndrome.

Your next manager will not only have to work within tough financial restraints, he'll also have the added pressure of delivering a minimum 7th place finish just to keep supporters like you happy.

[/quote]

McLeish was the best thing that happened to the next manager of Villa. I think most Villa fans would be happy with top 10, cant see the new manager having less money to spend than the likes of Fulham and WBA.

Even if we don't get top 10, to actually try and win some games will put a smile on the supporters faces.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue May 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Tilton wrote:
villainies wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Nah. He's got time to play with and the fact he's not Eck weighs heavily in the next managers favour. I see what you're saying about second season and all that but of everyone available right now I'd say he was the best prospect given he won't be gettnig tons of money to play with.

Last edited by villainies on Tue May 15, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : huge massive feck up)
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue May 15, 2012 2:40 pm

And I think MON came 11th in his first season. We're back to the point where he started so hopefully this year the fans won't be talking about top 8 like some divvies were last year. I dpn't doubt we can return there but it will take a few seasons.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top