To do list for new manager

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To do list for new manager

Post  villainies on Tue May 15, 2012 11:17 am

Get rid of Hutton and Collins and replace with experience and quality.

Replace Petrov this is absolutely crucial and should be the priority.

Heskey gone, get rid of Delfuenso and get a forward in to work with Gab and Bent.

EXPENSIVE

avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  villanfromluton on Tue May 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Spend the money given to him wisely.

Try to win a game rather than try not to lose it

Get rid of bad eggs

Get the best out of the players, especially bringing on the younger ones
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 15, 2012 12:19 pm

There's some gems out there.. the right set up can unearth them.. our next managerial appointment will be key.. he will have money to spend plus any players he sells..

In an ideal world.. if clubs were willing to buy them i'd get rid of Dunne Collins Warnock Hutton.. but would take a brave manager to remove a whole back four and replace it with a better one!
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Surely the best way to get the best out of Bent is play him in a front 3 with Gabby on the left and N'Zogbia on the right with Ireland just in behind.

I think Clark could end up been the replacement for Petrov and we need commanding midfielder to play with him.

Defence I would ship out Collins, Hutton and Warnock, keep Dunne so we need a couple full backs and a centre half or two as well. Happy to see Lichaj given more of a run, and to be honest if we but a good midfield Herd did a good enough job at right back, certainly as back up.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  villanfromluton on Tue May 15, 2012 12:28 pm

I would also keep Dunne and try to bin the other 3, though who the feck will have them on their current wage? Gabby has been very disappointing after the start of the season, N'Zogbia has been nearly all of the season, maybe under the right manager they can come good. Where does this new Aussie play? Need some extra talent in midfield also.
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 15, 2012 12:31 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I would also keep Dunne and try to bin the other 3, though who the feck will have them on their current wage? Gabby has been very disappointing after the start of the season, N'Zogbia has been nearly all of the season, maybe under the right manager they can come good. Where does this new Aussie play? Need some extra talent in midfield also.

On the wing I think, kind of a Millner type player. Diame from Wigan is avaible on a free, what little I've seen of Wigan he's looked decent at times this season.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  villanfromluton on Tue May 15, 2012 12:40 pm

I wonder if it may be time to offload Gabby, he does seem to have gone stale. Play Bent up top, Ireland just in the hole, two wide players (n'zog and the Aussie perhaps) and Clark/Delph/Gardner with an experienced player in the middle. Three new players in back 4 with Dunne and Given in centre. Hopefully Randy will give the new manager some finance to get us back up the table
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  FrenchSpur on Tue May 15, 2012 12:43 pm

So from reading the comments here..... a whole new team is needed.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 55
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  villanfromluton on Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:So from reading the comments here..... a whole new team is needed.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Only if you cant read properly Rolling Eyes
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  FrenchSpur on Tue May 15, 2012 1:05 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:So from reading the comments here..... a whole new team is needed.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Only if you cant read properly Rolling Eyes

New back four..... most of your mid field.... the only thing you want to keep is the strikers who scored so many this season....

oh yeah and the goalie

sounds like most of the team to me....
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 55
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue May 15, 2012 1:06 pm

But not the whole team frenchie Wink

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  FrenchSpur on Tue May 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:But not the whole team frenchie Wink

You might as well.... out with the old in with the new.. Laughing Laughing
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 55
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  villainies on Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I wonder if it may be time to offload Gabby, he does seem to have gone stale. Play Bent up top, Ireland just in the hole, two wide players (n'zog and the Aussie perhaps) and Clark/Delph/Gardner with an experienced player in the middle. Three new players in back 4 with Dunne and Given in centre. Hopefully Randy will give the new manager some finance to get us back up the table

I thought the same about Gabby but now I'm wondering if we can afford to offload a player that has that experience/ potential quality? I also agree that there is acase for getting rid of the whole back 4 but I just can't see it happening.

Even so, that still leaves 4 or 5 new players minimum.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Dont see the point in getting rid of Gabby, we wouldn't get loads of him and as we are looking at midtable next season, that's about his level. Hopefully he can rediscover the form he had at the start of the season where he was unplayable in some games.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 15, 2012 1:32 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:So from reading the comments here..... a whole new team is needed.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Only if you cant read properly Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Dont see the point in getting rid of Gabby, we wouldn't get loads of him and as we are looking at midtable next season, that's about his level. Hopefully he can rediscover the form he had at the start of the season where he was unplayable in some games.

Keep gabby for now.. def need a very commanding central midfielder.. need to get lucky there.. defence.. i'd rather get rid of all four but can see why you lot say keep Dunne..

We need a bit of luck in the transfer market.. look at Moyes.. didn't spend loads but got in exactly the type of players he was missing..

I'm still 50-50 on Ireland.. needs to create and score more goals.. but again if no one is going to pay 7-8M for him then give him one last chance under a manager who try's to attack..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  villanfromluton on Tue May 15, 2012 1:38 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:So from reading the comments here..... a whole new team is needed.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Only if you cant read properly Rolling Eyes

New back four..... most of your mid field.... the only thing you want to keep is the strikers who scored so many this season....

oh yeah and the goalie

sounds like most of the team to me....

I think I said three defenders and a midfielder minimum
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  FrenchSpur on Tue May 15, 2012 1:39 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:So from reading the comments here..... a whole new team is needed.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Only if you cant read properly Rolling Eyes

New back four..... most of your mid field.... the only thing you want to keep is the strikers who scored so many this season....

oh yeah and the goalie

sounds like most of the team to me....

I think I said three defenders and a midfielder minimum

I was including what everyone else said.... Its not all about you darlin
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 55
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue May 15, 2012 1:48 pm

It all depends on finances. People are saying that there might not be big funds from RL, but excuse me, wasn't McLeish saying a month or 2 ago that finances will be available in the summer, and he was even contemplating a whole squad overhaul - even went as far to say we could buy '1 or 2 big money signings' if the deal was good.

We'll probably get linked with the usual:

Douglas (Twente) Linked with him for a long, long time now. Ball playing central defender.
Danny Guthrie - good player to have in the squad IMO, on a free too. Bring him in to replace Stan.
Danny Simpson - already linked with him, not a bad RB at all. Better then Hutton.
Jermaine Defoe - will leave Spurs IMO. If West Ham come up, don't be suprised if he pushes for a move there.
Leon Best - only available for 1.5m? Would bring him in definitely. Has got flair and can score goals. Always gets goals. Would be a great back up striker.

If Lambert comes in......hopefully he has a few transfer gems up his sleeve.

Also, the return or Makoun from loan and Delph back from injury will be like new signings IMO.
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 27
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  villanfromluton on Tue May 15, 2012 1:50 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:So from reading the comments here..... a whole new team is needed.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Only if you cant read properly Rolling Eyes

New back four..... most of your mid field.... the only thing you want to keep is the strikers who scored so many this season....

oh yeah and the goalie

sounds like most of the team to me....

I think I said three defenders and a midfielder minimum

I was including what everyone else said.... Its not all about you darlin

Ok, so add another defender and forward, even another midfielder 4+1+1+1=11
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:It all depends on finances. People are saying that there might not be big funds from RL, but excuse me, wasn't McLeish saying a month or 2 ago that finances will be available in the summer, and he was even contemplating a whole squad overhaul - even went as far to say we could buy '1 or 2 big money signings' if the deal was good.

We'll probably get linked with the usual:

Douglas (Twente) Linked with him for a long, long time now. Ball playing central defender.
Danny Guthrie - good player to have in the squad IMO, on a free too. Bring him in to replace Stan.
Danny Simpson - already linked with him, not a bad RB at all. Better then Hutton.
Jermaine Defoe - will leave Spurs IMO. If West Ham come up, don't be suprised if he pushes for a move there.
Leon Best - only available for 1.5m? Would bring him in definitely. Has got flair and can score goals. Always gets goals. Would be a great back up striker.

If Lambert comes in......hopefully he has a few transfer gems up his sleeve.

Also, the return or Makoun from loan and Delph back from injury will be like new signings IMO.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are both after Makoun.

Leon Best can **** right off as well.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue May 15, 2012 1:55 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:It all depends on finances. People are saying that there might not be big funds from RL, but excuse me, wasn't McLeish saying a month or 2 ago that finances will be available in the summer, and he was even contemplating a whole squad overhaul - even went as far to say we could buy '1 or 2 big money signings' if the deal was good.

We'll probably get linked with the usual:

Douglas (Twente) Linked with him for a long, long time now. Ball playing central defender.
Danny Guthrie - good player to have in the squad IMO, on a free too. Bring him in to replace Stan.
Danny Simpson - already linked with him, not a bad RB at all. Better then Hutton.
Jermaine Defoe - will leave Spurs IMO. If West Ham come up, don't be suprised if he pushes for a move there.
Leon Best - only available for 1.5m? Would bring him in definitely. Has got flair and can score goals. Always gets goals. Would be a great back up striker.

If Lambert comes in......hopefully he has a few transfer gems up his sleeve.

Also, the return or Makoun from loan and Delph back from injury will be like new signings IMO.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are both after Makoun.

Leon Best can **** right off as well.

Leon Best is a good striker though mate. Only ousted by Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse at Newcastle. Wouldn't he be a good back up player to have on the bench? On the cheap as well.

Techinically, he's very good on the ball.


Last edited by Jay.P.A on Tue May 15, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 27
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:

Leon Best is a good striker though mate. Only ousted by Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse.

Techinically, he's very good on the ball.

Nope, not for me, Championship striker.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  FrenchSpur on Tue May 15, 2012 2:17 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:So from reading the comments here..... a whole new team is needed.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Only if you cant read properly Rolling Eyes

New back four..... most of your mid field.... the only thing you want to keep is the strikers who scored so many this season....

oh yeah and the goalie

sounds like most of the team to me....

I think I said three defenders and a midfielder minimum

I was including what everyone else said.... Its not all about you darlin

Ok, so add another defender and forward, even another midfielder 4+1+1+1=11

Ok so you are going to be a pedant now are you ???? It was a figure of speech....
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 55
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To do list for new manager

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum