French Open

Go down

French Open

Post  villainies on Wed May 30, 2012 7:57 pm

I know it's a major and all but IMO clay is a waste of time. Shockingly boring tennis, slow, dull baseline shite I fecking hate it. Bring on Wimbledon, grass is where it's at.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open

Post  mikey on Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 pm

my favourite thing about clay tennis is when the red stuff stains their white socks and shoes

mikey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Really is shite to watch. Only a couple of players can really player on the stuff. That young English girl is doing well on it though.

Back to top Go down

Rafael Nadal..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Destroyed Ferrer in straight sets.. has destroyed everyone he has played so far..

The guy is something else on clay.. 7 out of 8 finals and he's won every single one to date..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:46 am

Even the top two can't make clay court tennis interesting. For me if Nadal wants to be considered one of the top boys alongside Pete and Fed he has to win again at least once more in each of the other 3 majors.

As an aside though, fair fcuks to Sharapova for achieving a career slam. Only the 10th woman to do it and very impressive too after her injury, falling to 126th in the world and slowly getting back to the top of her game. cheers

Last edited by villainies on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fuck up)
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Nadal is up there. He's the only player on the tour who can push Federer when Fed is on top of his game.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Wimbledon is a massive tournament for Fed.. he needs to make the final otherwise his time might be up..

He seems to bottle it when it comes to the crunch points against Djok and Nadal..

I hope he wins Wimbledon because he is clearly better then the rest besides the top two.. nearing 31 ( old in tennis terms ) he still is a great talent..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:31 pm

No matter what he does, he'll always be remember as the best ever. I wouldn't bet against him in Wimbledon and the US Open.

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:14 pm

This is exactly what I'm talking about with Nadal. Master of clay, not nearly as good on grass or hard courts. If the powers that be hadnt slowed Wimbledon down I doubt he wouldve ever won there. Will it be Murray? Or maybe the Fed?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:10 pm

And again. Fecking Nadal, one court fecking wonder. Straight sets to the 135th seed.  pfffffftt
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Well, Nadal took an early bath at Wimbledon. It'll be Djorkovich, Federer or "our own" Andy Murray then!

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down