Ron Vlaar...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Confirmed as signed by the club.

According to reports he is costing us £3.2 million, surely he can't be any worse than James Collins? Surely?

Well if he plays for Holland, you would hope not Very Happy . Hopefully another good addition and unlikely to be on the same wages that Collins was getting, more good news
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Definitely, fingers crossed we can ditch Warnock and Hutton as well.

Think Dunne will stay as we need some experience, hopefully he can regain some form not playing alongside Collins, also should be easier to drop without that click in the dressing room of the four of them.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:38 pm

There was talk last night of Hutton being wanted by Stoke, lets hope so. I am not sure Dunne will start as Lambert seems keen to give Clark a go there. As for Warnock, cant see anyone taking him on his wages, but can but hope I suppose
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Sunderland on 31st August probably.

Yeah, I have seen that about Clark and would like to see him given a run, however, it seems we are after a young left back as well, so if we sign him, can't see him starting Clark with 3 other defenders that haven't playing in the Premier League before.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Dunne Hutton Warnock.. think there all on the market... if soemone was to bid 2M for Dunne tomorrow we would accept it.
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:48 pm

He got the number 5 shirt for next season Rolling Eyes

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:He got the number 5 shirt for next season Rolling Eyes

Hutton has been given number 2, dont think we can read much into that.

However I can't see Dunne going anywhere this season.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:22 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:He got the number 5 shirt for next season Rolling Eyes

Hutton has been given number 2, dont think we can read much into that.

However I can't see Dunne going anywhere this season.

Yes but thats because his replacement requested number 34 so it didn't hurt to give him No.2

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:29 pm

I still rate Dunne and i don't think we can afford to lose him. As for Vlaar, can't recall seeing him play. The fact he's a 27 yr old Dutch international is obviously a big plus but at the Euros the Dutch defence didn't look too clever.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:33 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I still rate Dunne and i don't think we can afford to lose him. As for Vlaar, can't recall seeing him play. The fact he's a 27 yr old Dutch international is obviously a big plus but at the Euros the Dutch defence didn't look too clever.

Most the entire team wasn't to clever but you wouldn't turn them away. I think he will do well.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Dunne or Collins is a no brainer IMHO. Granted he needs a kick up that huge derriere, but Lambert is the man to do that and he knows now he is not guaranteed a place
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I still rate Dunne and i don't think we can afford to lose him. As for Vlaar, can't recall seeing him play. The fact he's a 27 yr old Dutch international is obviously a big plus but at the Euros the Dutch defence didn't look too clever.

Most the entire team wasn't to clever but you wouldn't turn them away. I think he will do Very Happy well.



I agree. Don't know anything about Vlaar personally but i have faith in Lambert. £3.2 m isn't exactly a gamble either
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I still rate Dunne and i don't think we can afford to lose him. As for Vlaar, can't recall seeing him play. The fact he's a 27 yr old Dutch international is obviously a big plus but at the Euros the Dutch defence didn't look too clever.

Most the entire team wasn't to clever but you wouldn't turn them away. I think he will do Very Happy well.



I agree. Don't know anything about Vlaar personally but i have faith in Lambert. £3.2 m isn't exactly a gamble either

Yep good price, he is valued at £8m apparently so we might have a bargain.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  villainies on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:06 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Confirmed as signed by the club.

According to reports he is costing us £3.2 million, surely he can't be any worse than James Collins? Surely?

At least he'll be able to control the ball and pick a pass. This is a good move for us.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:08 pm

villainies wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:Confirmed as signed by the club.

According to reports he is costing us £3.2 million, surely he can't be any worse than James Collins? Surely?

At least he'll be able to control the ball and pick a pass. This is a good move for us.

Fickle fecker you are Mad
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  villainies on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:39 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:Confirmed as signed by the club.

According to reports he is costing us £3.2 million, surely he can't be any worse than James Collins? Surely?

At least he'll be able to control the ball and pick a pass. This is a good move for us.

Fickle fecker you are Mad

WTF are you on about now?
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Dunne is out injured for 6-8 weeks so looks like it will be Clark and Vlaar starting the season at centre back.

Gabby out for 4-5 weeks.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Clark and Vlaar could turn out to be a great defensive partnership IMO.

Shame about Dunne and Gabby though.
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 27
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Clark and Vlaar could turn out to be a great defensive partnership IMO.

Shame about Dunne and Gabby though.
Very Happy

Not like you to be excited and positive
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  Bedshammer on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:40 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:Clark and Vlaar could turn out to be a great defensive partnership IMO.

Shame about Dunne and Gabby though.
Very Happy

Not like you to be excited and positive

Very Happy
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  truevillan on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Dunne out is no loss, Clarke and Vlaar should work well for us, but we wont be able to offload Dunny now hes injured Shocked hopefully no penalties and own goals with him out....
avatar
truevillan

Posts : 509
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : south birmingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ron Vlaar...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum