2012 - a sporting year to remember

Go down

2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  villainies on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:23 am

cheers The best sporting year our nation has ever had, topped off by the superb Andy Murray winning a major. I can't imagine we'll see a more glorious sporting year for another 100 years. I think my highlight has definitely been Wiggo winning the Tour and then the time trial but the Olympics and the Paralympics were both fabulous events that showed the world our country at its very best.

Time for our football authorities, clubs and players to take a look at these brilliant athletes and starting acting and performing like professionals instead of overpayed, underperforming chancers collecting phat salaries whilst being fairly average.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  Bedshammer on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 am

Absolutely, Villainies. Let's salute them.
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:00 pm

villainies wrote: cheers The best sporting year our nation has ever had, topped off by the superb Andy Murray winning a major. I can't imagine we'll see a more glorious sporting year for another 100 years. I think my highlight has definitely been Wiggo winning the Tour and then the time trial but the Olympics and the Paralympics were both fabulous events that showed the world our country at its very best.

Time for our football authorities, clubs and players to take a look at these brilliant athletes and starting acting and performing like professionals instead of overpayed, underperforming chancers collecting phat salaries whilst being fairly average.


Why bring football in to it? Well done to the athletes and you are still a soppy old flangebag
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 40
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  villainies on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:58 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote: cheers The best sporting year our nation has ever had, topped off by the superb Andy Murray winning a major. I can't imagine we'll see a more glorious sporting year for another 100 years. I think my highlight has definitely been Wiggo winning the Tour and then the time trial but the Olympics and the Paralympics were both fabulous events that showed the world our country at its very best.

Time for our football authorities, clubs and players to take a look at these brilliant athletes and starting acting and performing like professionals instead of overpayed, underperforming chancers collecting phat salaries whilst being fairly average.


Why bring football in to it? Well done to the athletes and you are still a soppy old flangebag

I've had enough of these football dickheads, so many journeymen millionaires it makes me sick. Watching the Olympians has changed my perspective on Bristish sport - they get my full support and respect not the football knobs. Not until I see a change in attitude and performance.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:46 pm

What about all the good things these millionaire footballers do? If someone wanted to pay me thousands of pounds a week to do my job then i wouldn't turn it away. I doubt you would either you snivelling turd
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 40
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  villainies on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:39 am

I'd feel a deep sense of shame accepting the salary that those England players trouser if i was putting in a performance like last nights. Utter tripe.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:13 am

QBVILLA wrote:What about all the good things these millionaire footballers do? If someone wanted to pay me thousands of pounds a week to do my job then i wouldn't turn it away. I doubt you would either you snivelling turd

Whilst a lot of the Athletes are not wealthy in fact quite poor, some of them are paid very well for their skills...
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 56
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:07 am

We just have to accept that we are shit at the football.. and millions miles away from winning a major tournament..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:15 am

villainies wrote:I'd feel a deep sense of shame accepting the salary that those England players trouser if i was putting in a performance like last nights. Utter tripe.

No you wouldnt.
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:07 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:I'd feel a deep sense of shame accepting the salary that those England players trouser if i was putting in a performance like last nights. Utter tripe.

No you wouldnt.

Vills would be more of a Giggs 'love thy brother' type of footballer me thinks..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  villainies on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:47 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:I'd feel a deep sense of shame accepting the salary that those England players trouser if i was putting in a performance like last nights. Utter tripe.

No you wouldnt.

Vills would be more of a Giggs 'love thy brother' type of footballer me thinks..

I'd be the hardest working footballer at Villa Park.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:57 pm

So why would you be ashamed getting the money for your performance for England last night? Is it England that pay your wages? As for being the hardest working footballer, how do you know you would be? They could say the same about being the hardest working hairdresser, would be tosh as well. I think we are all in agreement that footballers get paid too much, but is it there fault? As QB has mentioned somewhere, an awful lot of footballers do quite a bit for charity that they do not publicise
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  villainies on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:29 pm

villanfromluton wrote:So why would you be ashamed getting the money for your performance for England last night? Is it England that pay your wages? As for being the hardest working footballer, how do you know you would be? They could say the same about being the hardest working hairdresser, would be tosh as well. I think we are all in agreement that footballers get paid too much, but is it there fault? As QB has mentioned somewhere, an awful lot of footballers do quite a bit for charity that they do not publicise

under duress.

Its not just the England performances, although as those players represent the best we have it highlights what a nonsense the pay they receive is. Those clowns last night will all be on many tens of thousands a week and aren't really much cop. It doens't stop there though - if we looked at the salaries of all the prem teams we would find some very average footballers earning 1m plus a year. Sadly I'd say most of them are so stupid it wouldn't even occur to them that accepting such sums for being decidely average is morally reprehensible.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:36 pm

While I accept your point about them earning stupid amounts of money, is that their fault? As for the charity that many players do, I think you are completely out of order. I know from experience of a friends child some years back being in childrens hospice and Villa and Blues players were regular visitors and the staff had nothing but praise for the work they did,.
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Morally reprehensible my arse. In that case I suggest you give up a percentage of your wages as you earn more than a nurse who works more hours and do far more worthy work than you do.
As for being under duress, another baseless claim to suit your bollocks of an argument. Players I personally cannot stand go to great lengths to support charity. Look at what Craig Bellamy has done in Africa for example. The amount of current and former professionals who supported the 'pedal for Petrov event as well deserves mentioning. The media choose not to report positive stories. For the best part of ten years the England players have donated their entire match fee to a childrens charity but that's not widely reported. That doesn't sell the papers though. Cock.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 40
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Must disagree with you there QB.













A cock is useful
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  villainies on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:36 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Morally reprehensible my arse. In that case I suggest you give up a percentage of your wages as you earn more than a nurse who works more hours and do far more worthy work than you do.
As for being under duress, another baseless claim to suit your bollocks of an argument. Players I personally cannot stand go to great lengths to support charity. Look at what Craig Bellamy has done in Africa for example. The amount of current and former professionals who supported the 'pedal for Petrov event as well deserves mentioning. The media choose not to report positive stories. For the best part of ten years the England players have donated their entire match fee to a childrens charity but that's not widely reported. That doesn't sell the papers though. Cock.

that's a bit silly innit? i draw a normal salary, if however I did earn £1m a year I would do things differently.

I accept that some players might do genuine charity work and support for Petrov was great but I don't view the vast majority of footballers as charitable philanthopists. They go to hospitals/ schools etc because their clubs expect them to do it and wouldn't do jack otherwise.

Frankly if they accepted payment for failing consistently at England level I would sugggest that represents a decent case for bringing in the firing squad.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:56 pm

In which case you are not only a cock you are a hypocritical cock. Game, set and match to QB. I thang you
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 40
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - a sporting year to remember

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum