BENTEKE

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BENTEKE

Post  villanfromluton on Fri May 03, 2013 6:33 am

roadoftrinity wrote:Fingers crossed we stop up and can keep hold of him next season, people go on about 20 league goals scored by Peter Withe, but that would have been from 40+ games wouldn't it?

I agree with VFL, I think Benteke is going to turn into something special and end up at a massive club.

Withe certainly missed a couple fo games at least through suspension (we beat Blues 3-0 in one of them lol), but certainly played more games in a far stronger team. Benteke didnt start the season with us did he? If he gets to 20 goals it will be a massive feat and he is far from just being a goalscorer
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri May 03, 2013 6:36 am

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:Spot on JAK. Top 4 my arse.

Do you care to revise your opinion now dipstick? What an awesome performance, players just bounce off him, his control and link up play is superb and his goalscoring this season has been amazing. Just hope we can keep him for one more season and see how we get on next time out.

I would imagine that the team spirit at Villa must really be at a high now.
Most of the players have given their all, the side is very young and they have come through a real battle together.
You may well keep these players together for a while.

Money talks though Jak. Think a few will be offered new contracts at the end of the season if we stay up and rightly so. If we can get 2-3 experienced good players alongside them (would love Lescott and think it is realistic) we could have a good team. Lamberts buys have been excellent so far and lets hope he is given a bit of money to play with now some of the high earners and low achievers are hopefully on their way
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri May 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Spurs are too tight to pay the 25M plus we want for him..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri May 03, 2013 5:10 pm

Benteke, Weimann, Lowton and Westwood will be given new contracts, fully deserved IMO.

Lowton put one of the best right-back performances I've seen in a very, very long time on Monday night. Benteke said he's happy at Villa and wants to repay Paul Lambert's faith in him for at least 'a season or two', and deserves a new contract, as do the other lads.

Hopefully we stay up and build from this. We're seeing glimmers of what we can achieve in games, all credit to Paul Lambert for taking a risky strategy and sticking with it, even through the tough times.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri May 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Re Lambert's risky strategy. I'm not so sure. On deadline day in August we agreed a £6m fee for 29yr old Clint Dempsey and as such would've been prepared to pay him the £50k a week wages you'd expect. That certainly goes against the young and unproven strategy. If we stay up, which is looking likely then I suppose you can call the season a success. However, this is Aston Villa. Not expecting us to be up there with the Mancs nor Arsenal and Chelsea but a club of such stature should be alongside Spurs and Everton. Not looking up at two of the promoted sides never mind Albion and the taffys. In summary it's an achievement for this group of players, but for an ever present Premiership side, it's been woeful.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Sat May 04, 2013 11:46 am

QBVILLA wrote:Re Lambert's risky strategy. I'm not so sure. On deadline day in August we agreed a £6m fee for 29yr old Clint Dempsey and as such would've been prepared to pay him the £50k a week wages you'd expect. That certainly goes against the young and unproven strategy. If we stay up, which is looking likely then I suppose you can call the season a success. However, this is Aston Villa. Not expecting us to be up there with the Mancs nor Arsenal and Chelsea but a club of such stature should be alongside Spurs and Everton. Not looking up at two of the promoted sides never mind Albion and the taffys. In summary it's an achievement for this group of players, but for an ever present Premiership side, it's been woeful.

Think the Dempsey bid was just a smokescreen, benefited both Fulham and us. Also pushed the Benteke deal through as Genk were bring pricks.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat May 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Remember that statement about Genk when Benteke is threatening to strike to get away from us. Genk were trying to get the best price for their player. Fair play to them.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat May 04, 2013 6:04 pm

QB, your right in our finishing position isn't good enough, but for me it does look like we are moving in the right direction. I hated seeing the likes of Collins and Warnock turn out for us in their 40k + a week, not giving a shit and on the piss all the time.

Our form since the Bradford game has been befitting of Aston Villa, plus when you finish a season well it gives you optomisum through out the summer.

No idea on the Dempsey deal but it was never going to come off, I think Lamberts policy is for youngsters but maybe he will decide to sign loads of 50k a week over 30's, I certainly hope not though.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat May 04, 2013 8:37 pm

I think the policy is spot on and we have no divine right to be in the top 6 or so. However, we need a bit of experience to go with it. However, these lads have done us proud in the last couple of months, remember being on a Villa website a while bacl when the quesiton was asked whether 35 points would keep us up. I thought it would, now it seems 40 wont be enough, crazy and dont want us finishing like Peterborough who were 99.9% safe
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:39 am

A perfect summer would mean Hutton Bent Ireland ( Tosspot ) Given N Zog Bannan all out.. Dunne and Petrov out of contract.. we would be saving a shed load in wages with only N Zog the only one who has had any impact on the first team..

Then bring in a very good CB.. would love Lescott.. cover in the full back areas.. Bennet was dreadful against Norwich..

Add another CM ST and maybe an attacking winger..

Wouldn't mind Kone for the right price if Wigan go down.. also like the look of Andros Tonswend.. but not sure if Spuds would let him go..

That Mohamed Salah that plays for Basle looks a real talent.. would fit in well with the three we play uptop.. and we need to add goals from midfield.. think Westwood Sylla Delph Bannan K EA all have about a goal between them all season Shocked

Plus i am sure PL has a few players lined up already..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon May 13, 2013 10:51 am

cost us 3 points and guaranteed safety on Saturday with his silly sending off. that game was in the bag.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon May 13, 2013 11:35 am

To be honest, he should have been sent off at Norwich the week before for his elbow on Bassong and could easily have had a red for his first challenge on Saturday, though personally I did not think it was deliberate at the time. Said to the lad at half time that Mason would try to even out the teams and Benteke made it easy for him, though think Terry made a massive meal of it. Lets hope my second favourite team the gooners stuff Wigan (or at least draw)tomorrow cos otherwise Sunday is going to be horrible
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Mon May 13, 2013 11:59 am

villainies wrote:cost us 3 points and guaranteed safety on Saturday with his silly sending off. that game was in the bag.

See what happens when we don't have him?

Now imagine if we didn't have him the whole season.

Although Benteke should've just tried to head the ball instead, he gave the ref an oppurtunity to even the teams up. I'm sure someone from Chelsea probably had words with the ref at half-time to try and sway his view. Anyway, Terry got what he deserves really - if you want to act injured, call it karma, but you will get injured.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri May 24, 2013 8:35 am

Cheeeeeeeeeerio
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 am

If you read the full article, it is nowhere near as bad as the papers suggest, but it is obvious the top clubs will target him, even you must realise that Villainies. Remember what I said about top 4 player?
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri May 24, 2013 11:21 am

Big club offers enough money for him, he's gone. That's football, hopefully we will keep him as if it's only Arsenal after him, I can't see them been prepared to pay £20 million on a player, have they ever spent that much on a player?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri May 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Don't think we will sell for less then the 25M i said he's worth ages ago only for Villanies to think we were living in cloud cuckoo land.. Rolling Eyes
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri May 24, 2013 2:45 pm

villanfromluton wrote:If you read the full article, it is nowhere near as bad as the papers suggest, but it is obvious the top clubs will target him, even you must realise that Villainies. Remember what I said about top 4 player?

He'll fit in well at Spurs.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan on Fri May 24, 2013 6:45 pm

VFL thats right, lost in media translation thats what its all about ... hes only been in England 8mths, let him use Villa as a stepping stone and leave in a couple of seasons ....who knows next season he might be crap... 1 season dosn,t proove he got what it takes ...
truevillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Fri May 24, 2013 6:59 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:If you read the full article, it is nowhere near as bad as the papers suggest, but it is obvious the top clubs will target him, even you must realise that Villainies. Remember what I said about top 4 player?

He'll fit in well at Spurs.

A la Adebayor I suppose?!

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri May 24, 2013 7:25 pm

He'll stay another season hopefully. He has the potential to become a great striker, but has to prove himself once again to show he ain't a one season wonder, like so many other have proved to be.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri May 24, 2013 9:13 pm

The pier-less Bale will be off to Man U. Spurs will have money and need to make a decent signing. Tekkers is the obvious target.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri May 24, 2013 9:22 pm

villainies wrote:The pier-less Bale will be off to Man U. Spurs will have money and need to make a decent signing. Tekkers is the obvious target.

To replace Bale Shocked
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat May 25, 2013 9:01 am

The only thing that surprises me when a player wants a move is that anyone is really surprised. Villa gave him the stage, he repaid Villa with 19 league goals. Now he will feck off as soon as a bigger contract is waved at him. It's exactly what he did at Genk. Hopefully Lambert and Bent's relationship isn't beyond repair.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat May 25, 2013 12:30 pm

The way PL wants to play.. I don't think Bent is his man..

Wouldn't be surprised if Wilfred Bony comes in if Benteke goes..

Lets hope the Benteke saga doesn't drag on the whole summer..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top