Lance Armstrong

Go down

Lance Armstrong

Post  villainies on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm

I'm shocked by the revelations about Armstrong. A new low in a sport that is heavily tainted by drugs scandal already but with Armstrong it wasn't just his achievements alone, he had incredible support worldwide after his battle with testicular cancer. He is one of those figures that briefly transcended his sport but all the while was cheating. What I think suprises me most is how easy it seems to have been for the whole team to cheat, avoid detection and win. What are the authorities doing now to stop the same things from happening?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lance Armstrong

Post  FrenchSpur on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:27 pm

What he has done is now taint all cyclists with doping.... You now look at Wiggins and Froome and co. and think are they ???

It was so easy for them to dope because they used EPO which is gone from their systems in 3 hours.... so they doped at night... easy peasy really...

FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Still great achiever though, drugs or no drugs. Wish i had walked on the moon
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:30 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Still great achiever though, drugs or no drugs. Wish i had walked on the moon

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

take enough EPO and you probably would
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Bradley Wiggins said last week that people like him now have to fight to clear the name of cycling. So unfair, on the back of all their recent success.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Bradley Wiggins said last week that people like him now have to fight to clear the name of cycling. So unfair, on the back of all their recent success.

Its very sad.... but everyone is going to think the worst arent they..... Apparently they tested Armstrong and his redcell count was so high that they said it was 1 in a million and still they didnt suspect him...
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:36 pm

He was the face of cycling at the time. And we sit here asking how Jimmy Savile got away with it! We never learn, do we?
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Bedshammer wrote:He was the face of cycling at the time. And we sit here asking how Jimmy Savile got away with it! We never learn, do we?

The problem with this EPO apparently is that it only shows up in the body for 3 hours so you are going to have to be very lucky to catch it happening.... and blood doping (adding red blood cells) can be a natural occurrence.... but you would have to guess if a whole team had a high red cell count the alarm bells would be ringing...

I guess the only way to combat this is to stick them away for a while some might then start talking...
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:He was the face of cycling at the time. And we sit here asking how Jimmy Savile got away with it! We never learn, do we?

The problem with this EPO apparently is that it only shows up in the body for 3 hours so you are going to have to be very lucky to catch it happening.... and blood doping (adding red blood cells) can be a natural occurrence.... but you would have to guess if a whole team had a high red cell count the alarm bells would be ringing...

I guess the only way to combat this is to stick them away for a while some might then start talking...

Armstrong has got caught because a lot started talking.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down