Norwich..

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Norwich..

Post  jak on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
jak wrote:Walcott has not fulfilled his potential, in my view but you obviously see him on a par with Albrighton. Judging by the timing of your post you must have been getting a little tired and emotional. Very Happy

No, was just saying that people still view him as a very important part of your squad, how many times has he come on and saved Arsenal? The size and weight of a winger doesn't matter matter in football. If you got the technique, that's what's important.

We've seen Albrighton whip in some great balls in the box, take on a players and do some trickery. I think the lad is just very short in confidence. Judging by the timing of your post, you were probably up for your second piss of the night Razz

If I had my second pee of the night at 9.25am. I should be so lucky. Very Happy

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Very Happy

QB, Dunne is known for his last ditch tackles. Is he a defender with shite positioning then?

I thought Vlaar done very well yesterday, probably his best performance so far.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Jay.P.A wrote: Very Happy

QB, Dunne is known for his last ditch tackles. Is he a defender with shite positioning then?

Dunne isn't known for his blocks, that's Collins. Dunne's game is all about positioning as he lacks pace. There's a difference between getting yourself in between ball and goal than there is chasing back and throwing yourself in the way of it. If you think that Vlaar put in a good centre half display yesterday then i'm astounded. He had a good game against Swansea and i'm not writing him off but fcuking hell we had one decent centre half yesterday, Herd and he's a midfielder. Himself lucky not to see red for a second booking. The only players to emerge from that serving of shite yesterday were Herd and Benteke who were decent and Guzan who was outstanding.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Out of the youngsters I like Herds potential. He deserves a good run of games in the middle of midfield.
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:41 pm

We need Dunne alongside Vlaar at the back, I wouldnt mind seeing herd given a run of games alongside KEA, gets stuuck in though should certainly have been sent off yesterday for that second challenge.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote: Very Happy

Dunne isn't known for his blocks, that's Collins. Dunne's game is all about positioning as he lacks pace. There's a difference between getting yourself in between ball and goal than there is chasing back and throwing yourself in the way of it. If you think that Vlaar put in a good centre half display yesterday then i'm astounded. He had a good game against Swansea and i'm not writing him off but fcuking hell we had one decent centre half yesterday, Herd and he's a midfielder. Himself lucky not to see red for a second booking. The only players to emerge from that serving of shite yesterday were Herd and Benteke who were decent and Guzan who was outstanding.

I thought Vlaar played well, especially after Bennett got sent off. Checked a few player ratings online and people have given him an average of 6.5/7 out of 10. Not bad.

I really don't rate Dunne as much as I used to any more. He was a good defender, but I think his positioning has also been shite/suspect for the last 2 years. Injuries, suspensions, confidence, it's all added up and it's taken its toll on him. One thing he has is experience to share with the younger players, but experience won't help him catch up with a striker.

Last edited by Jay.P.A on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:03 pm

His positioning may have looked poor cos he was covering for the balding ginga twat who kept on buying him the beers.

Jay, Dunne is quicker than some people realise, especially when greggs is opening
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:06 pm

villanfromluton wrote:His positioning may have looked poor cos he was covering for the balding ginga twat who kept on buying him the beers.

Jay, Dunne is quicker than some people realise, especially when greggs is opening

Feck me he must be sharp if he beat you there.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:10 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:His positioning may have looked poor cos he was covering for the balding ginga twat who kept on buying him the beers.

Feck me he must be sharp if he beat you there.

I didnt say he is that quick
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down