Observations

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Observations

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:55 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:If only seen two games this season, Everton and Notwich. Both games we have been as bad as anything I saw last season. Benteke looks decent enough but I have been confused with some of Lamberts line ups, and why he never brought in a single player with pace in the summer.

After the two performances I am more concerned than I have been for a long while that we are heading in the wrong direction.

I rated PL. Still do but ur right. Some of his decisions have been strange. Lets hope he knows what he's doing!
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:02 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:If only seen two games this season, Everton and Notwich. Both games we have been as bad as anything I saw last season. Benteke looks decent enough but I have been confused with some of Lamberts line ups, and why he never brought in a single player with pace in the summer.

After the two performances I am more concerned than I have been for a long while that we are heading in the wrong direction.

I rated PL. Still do but ur right. Some of his decisions have been strange. Lets hope he knows what he's doing!

Ades, we need one up top, be it Bent or Benteke and after the performance yesterday I think it should be Benteke. As for the midfield, I would have Ireland in the hole and give the french twat a last chance with holman on other wing. KEA and mmmm, Bannan or possibly Herd.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:40 pm

I'd play this team against Sunderland;

----------Guzan-------
Lowton Vlaar Clark Lichaj
----------Herd---------
----El Ahmadi Bannan --
Holman----------Gabby
--------Benteke-----

But against Swindon I'd play;

----------Guzan-------
Lichaj Vlaar Clark Stevens
----------Herd---------
---Westwood--Bannan --
Albrighton-------N'Zogbia
----------Bent----------
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:45 pm

What about Weimann Jay, he deserves a go.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:46 pm

I think Westwood may be cup tied by the way, not certain mind
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Yup you're right Lutes, he's cup tied.

And Weimann definitely deserves to play, hopefully PL give him a game soon.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:29 am

I wouldn't play anything but a full strength team against Swindon. Would be nice to get thru and you never know the draw could be kind again..

4-5-1 is best option with our midfield.. Would def play herd in middle instead of Bannan so we have a bit of solidity. Having said that. With the injuries/suspensions and Herds performance in defence I can't see PL moving him...
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:00 am

Villa are lucky there's three very poor teams in QPR, Southampton, and Reading. You'll be fine, but probably not entirely safe until the last month of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:I'd play this team against Sunderland;

----------Guzan-------
Lowton Vlaar Clark Lichaj
----------Herd---------
----El Ahmadi Bannan --
Holman----------Gabby
--------Benteke-----

But against Swindon I'd play;

----------Guzan-------
Lichaj Vlaar Clark Stevens
----------Herd---------
---Westwood--Bannan --
Albrighton-------N'Zogbia
----------Bent----------

Makes for terrible reading. What a couple of ordinary teams they are. VERY ORDINARY - they will struggle in the Championship
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:26 pm

You can't hide away from the fact we have a very poor squad.. the likes of Ireland and N Zog have been shite even with our rose tinted glasses on.. our senior full backs weren't even championship standard..

We have no bite in midfield and haven't had a presence for a while..

Gabby has 8 prem goals in his last 61 games Shocked .. maybe its time to admit he is shite..

We can blame PL to a degree but at Norwich he had his team scoring goals.. he comes to Villa and we can't hit a barn door.. i think he underestimated how poor some of the players we had were..

You look at Albion.. how the hell have they leap frogged us all of a sudden.. even in the two losses against Man City and Newcastle they played some good stuff and created chances..

There is a hell of a lot of work for us to do to turn things around and RL will have to back PL to achieve it..

Jesus says we are lucky QPR are so poor.. sack Hughes and bring in 'Arry and they are a top ten team with the quality they have in midfield and upfront! so we can't rely on them def finishing below us..

ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:28 pm

If we get relegated then Lambert will be the one to blame. Either that or McLeish was a genius for keeping us up and should really be getting one of the top jobs other than the sack.

Lambert has spent at least £20 million, on a team that apparently under achieved under McLeish.

The fact that he has chosen to sign no experienced Premier League players is down to him, plus the fact that he has not decided sign a winger is down to him.

I'm fully behind Lambert and obviously his hands have been tied somewhat with the wages we could offer. Hopefully the players he has signed will get upto speed quickly and he will find away to get more creativity and bite into the midfield through the players he has at his disposal.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm not blaming Lambert I think the team is shit and still lacks confidence from the prick last year.

My seat was empty as I was sleeping off the night before, given that it was the last Friday of the month so pay day, and the fact it was an early kick off on a very cold day with the game on Sky I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few people didn't get up to go to it, I'm glad I didn't it looked bloody awful.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:04 pm

I'm sorry, I brought up the empty seats because someone on 606 commented how empty the Holte End was on Saturday. I didn't mean it as a personal criticism.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Bedshammer wrote:I'm sorry, I brought up the empty seats because someone on 606 commented how empty the Holte End was on Saturday. I didn't mean it as a personal criticism.

Attendences at Villa Park have been dropping for a few years now, in fact if you look at attendences across the Midlands they are dropping. Number of factors of people been bored of football and lack of funds.

First season I haven't had a season ticket for 10 years and I can't say that I have missed it in the slightest.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Ya can't polish a turd, and most of the players in our squad are turds. Doesn't matter who the manager is, this squad of players are relegation material. The blame got heaped upon Eck last year but the problems run deeper than that. Not sure what Lambert was up to in the summer and I hope he can stick around for a while to do the job but if he has another trasnfer window like that he'll be out the door.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Given who we have played so far I think we have had it, the worst part of that is that Savage will be one smug git that he was right.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Given who we have played so far I think we have had it, the worst part of that is that Savage will be one smug git that he was right.

He does seem to mention it most weeks, sadly. I hoe you stay up, by the way.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:47 pm

It's a funny old game football.
You can find a bit of form a few good breaks and everything's changed.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:I'm sorry, I brought up the empty seats because someone on 606 commented how empty the Holte End was on Saturday. I didn't mean it as a personal criticism.

Attendences at Villa Park have been dropping for a few years now, in fact if you look at attendences across the Midlands they are dropping. Number of factors of people been bored of football and lack of funds.

First season I haven't had a season ticket for 10 years and I can't say that I have missed it in the slightest.

I might be wrong but i'm fairly sure back in the early 90s we used to have average crowds around 25k. Crowds went up under O Neill when season tickets in the North Stand were only £150 but i'd say low to mid 30ks is about right for us. Factor in the fact we've been shit for the last two years culminating in a miserly three league wins in twelve months puts off the occasional visitors. As far as i'm concerned i'm bored of it. Personally i'd go with a full strength side against Swindon and try to win the cup.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top