Noisiest football grounds

Go down

Re: Noisiest football grounds

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 am

these are bollocks though, no football fan gives an unbiased opinion, and most that will vote wouldn't have even been to all the grounds in question.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:07 am

There have been occasions when the Boleyn Ground rocks, but equally I've known it be very subdued, specially on Kid for a Quid days. I'll give us Hammers our due though, we make nose at away games. Sadly, the best I can manage these days is clapping.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Away support that has impressed me with their support at Villa park

Man U. Helps that they generally fcuking win I suppose

Portsmouth. We were 3up against them in their first Prem season and they were still singing.That bloke with the bell is a nobber though.

Blues. Would expect that for a local derby though

Everton. Big numbers and noisy

West Ham.
Same as Everton.

Shittest being M'Boro (one MPV needed)
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:17 pm

I can remember a game at Fulham when the Hammers took the whole neutral/away stand and there were times I thought it'd collapse. We lost and Carlton scored an OG. Didn't matter.....
Damn good day out.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:16 pm

best support ive seen is Rapid Vienna, home ground has only 18,000 in it and it was louder then any other game ive been too. Again at Villa Park there was only maybe just over a 1,000 of them and they was louder then anyone else.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Away support is always more vociferous than at home - I think that's a fact for most clubs/teams. The England away fans are always great - when you travel you give it large and it's more together, we're here, we're in one place, this is our space and now we'll let everyone know.

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:best support ive seen is Rapid Vienna, home ground has only 18,000 in it and it was louder then any other game ive been too. Again at Villa Park there was only maybe just over a 1,000 of them and they was louder then anyone else.

Av, best I can recall at VP was against Athletico Madrid in the UEFA cup. Game finished 2-1 but we went out on away goals. Think we were one down and seemingly out of it early on. Then Collymore actually showed up and scored one of the greatest goals i've seen at Villa Park. The place was absolutely rocking. Great night even if the result went against us
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:52 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:best support ive seen is Rapid Vienna, home ground has only 18,000 in it and it was louder then any other game ive been too. Again at Villa Park there was only maybe just over a 1,000 of them and they was louder then anyone else.

Av, best I can recall at VP was against Athletico Madrid in the UEFA cup. Game finished 2-1 but we went out on away goals. Think we were one down and seemingly out of it early on. Then Collymore actually showed up and scored one of the greatest goals i've seen at Villa Park. The place was absolutely rocking. Great night even if the result went against us

Those were the nights hey.. When the UEFA Cup meant something and the nights were rocking..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Just youtubed it and the goal doesn't look that special, certainly not how i remembered it. However, the stadium was bouncing that night.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:18 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Just youtubed it and the goal doesn't look that special, certainly not how i remembered it. However, the stadium was bouncing that night.

Was from a distance wasn't it. Was a good strike and lifted everyone. I'm sure we put the pressure on but couldn't get another.

If only the UEFA cup still held the same value. Teams would be happy to get into Europe and give it a go.
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Edge of the box, hammered into the top corner following great work from future England regular Lee Hendrie.......Another one who never fulfilled his talent.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down