Arsenal + Reading home and transfer window..

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arsenal + Reading home and transfer window..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 am

We def need a couple of players in midfield and attack in jan.. If anything probably more important then the defence rigt now..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:23 am

I think the somewhat poor performance could be down to a bit of pressure on the team to get a result last night, they certainly didn't play as well as they did against Man Utd and Arsenal in the last two home games, and you have to think that in those there was no real pressure anything was a bonus, but last night they knew that only a win would do and that showed. Hopefully the fact they ground out the win in the end will lift a bit of the pressure to get a result on Saturday and we will see a bit of a more composed performance as I think Qpr will be really tough.

Have to say though and I'm not usually one for blaming fans for performances, but if VP had been full and rocking last night like it was against Man Utd we would have probably hammered Reading, the players coming out into the cold in a half empty stadium doesn't really give you the psychological lift for such an important game.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I think the somewhat poor performance could be down to a bit of pressure on the team to get a result last night, they certainly didn't play as well as they did against Man Utd and Arsenal in the last two home games, and you have to think that in those there was no real pressure anything was a bonus, but last night they knew that only a win would do and that showed. Hopefully the fact they ground out the win in the end will lift a bit of the pressure to get a result on Saturday and we will see a bit of a more composed performance as I think Qpr will be really tough.

Have to say though and I'm not usually one for blaming fans for performances, but if VP had been full and rocking last night like it was against Man Utd we would have probably hammered Reading, the players coming out into the cold in a half empty stadium doesn't really give you the psychological lift for such an important game.

Agree, attendance last night was poor, near on 10000 down on Arsenal. Lowest attendance for 6 years in the Premier League and there is no way that helps a young team.

I didn't go last, I could say I couldn't afford it but you could get tickets for £13 on Viagogo so basically I just couldn't be bothered. Must say after watching the game I didn't feel like I was missing out but I will only go to a few games a season now.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 am

Money is tight, it was cold work night and the game was on Sky so I understand the reasons for the low attendance although still I can't remember many Prem games below 30k at VP.

Something needs to be done to get the fans back into the ground, it was dead last night with empty seats everywhere, I think it was certainly detrimental to the team.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 am

As RoT said there were tickets going for £13.. so price can't be blamed..

Well if we buy exciting players who create and score goals every game then the fans will be back...........
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:52 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:As RoT said there were tickets going for £13.. so price can't be blamed..

Well if we buy exciting players who create and score goals every game then the fans will be back...........

To be fair, it's been aware of the tickets that are that price, most people wouldn't have seen them.

It's not the lack of exciting players that stop me going, I've seen some right shit at Villa Park, I just can't be bothered to go that often anymore.

You of course are still on the self imposed ban since McLeish took charge.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:23 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:As RoT said there were tickets going for £13.. so price can't be blamed..

To be fair, it's been aware of the tickets that are that price, most people wouldn't have seen them.

It's not the lack of exciting players that stop me going, I've seen some right shit at Villa Park, I just can't be bothered to go that often anymore.

Very Happy I'll be making my customary trip to Wembley once we get there in the league cup this season Shocked

To be honest since getting married and having baby can't afford it.. Sister got married too last month.. you'd be shocked on how much Asian women spend on clothes for someone elses wedding Mad

Was supposed to go to the Arsenal game but end decided to just watch it at home rather then fork out the money..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:46 am

I stopped going the season before the the cup final. Been twice since, latest being Swansea this season. To be honest if i'd still got a season ticket i probably would've stayed at home anyway as i'm up at 5am for work. One of the reasons i decided to jack in the season ticket in the first place, but the overwhelming reason being a lack of interest.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:10 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

Very Happy I'll be making my customary trip to Wembley once we get there in the league cup this season Shocked

To be honest since getting married and having baby can't afford it.. Sister got married too last month.. you'd be shocked on how much Asian women spend on clothes for someone elses wedding Mad

Was supposed to go to the Arsenal game but end decided to just watch it at home rather then fork out the money..

ayeiii. cheers
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top