Bent..

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bent..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 pm

PL admitted he was fit but still chose to pick Bowery over him on the bench..

The writing is on the wall for him.. to not even put a guy like Bent on the bench is ridiculous IMO..

Also his value must be dropping with every game he misses..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent..

Post  villainies on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:29 pm

We look set to lose quite a bit on him.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Hopefully we can get 12-14M for him..

He's the type of player you need to build a team around but obv PL doesn't fancy him so best to let him go..

ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:57 pm

We should also get rid of Given (1M) Dunne Warnock HUtton (1.5M) Delph (2M)

Along with the Bent money could raise around 18M.. fingers crossed..

Get the dross and Bent of the wage bill and Randy tops it up to 30M..

PL can get the players he wants in Jan and the summer..

ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm

We've got a squad packed with kids. I wouldn't be too hasty getting rid of the older players. IMO Bent is the best striker at the club and without him we'd have bee relegated under Kermit. Dunne remains the best centre half at the the club and will make a big difference to the team when he's 100% fit again.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Dunne is the only one really.. and he will be gone in summer.. plus after he was shite at the Euros and he's been out for this amount of time we don't kow what level of performance he will bring in.. Vlaar is way better then Dunne..

Warnock Hutton are not getting back into the squad.. Delph is shit and we should sell..

Bent obv is out of the equation.. if Bowery is getting picked ahead of him then it says it all.. i wonder if its something to do with maybe paying Sunderland more money if he hits a certain no. of appearances..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:29 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Dunne is the only one really.. and he will be gone in summer.. plus after he was shite at the Euros and he's been out for this amount of time we don't kow what level of performance he will bring in.. Vlaar is way better then Dunne..

Warnock Hutton are not getting back into the squad.. Delph is shit and we should sell..

Bent obv is out of the equation.. if Bowery is getting picked ahead of him then it says it all.. i wonder if its something to do with maybe paying Sunderland more money if he hits a certain no. of appearances..

Dunne has 12 years of prem appearances and whilst I like Vlaar I don't think after 13 games he can be fairly judged as 'way better' than Dunne. He was shit against the Albion and wasn't great against Norwich either. I think he'll benefit from playing alongside Dunne.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Dunne can't get fit, has been having set back after set back.

I think with Bent there is obviously something going on behind closed doors for Lambert to be so against him as he gave him captaincy to start with, and for him to not even make the bench he must be doing something to piss him off.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:22 pm

McLeish didn't like Bent either, would've got rid of him if he could.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:24 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Dunne is the only one really.. and he will be gone in summer.. plus after he was shite at the Euros and he's been out for this amount of time we don't kow what level of performance he will bring in.. Vlaar is way better then Dunne..

Dunne has 12 years of prem appearances and whilst I like Vlaar I don't think after 13 games he can be fairly judged as 'way better' than Dunne. He was shit against the Albion and wasn't great against Norwich either. I think he'll benefit from playing alongside Dunne.

I think by the time Dunne is fit it will be May Shocked

Bent might have some clause in his appearance contract.. meaning we have to cough up.. hence why he is being treated like this.. no other explanation for it really..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:25 pm

villainies wrote:McLeish didn't like Bent either, would've got rid of him if he could.

Couldn't fit into his 4-6-0 fake no.9 system
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:43 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villainies wrote:McLeish didn't like Bent either, would've got rid of him if he could.

Couldn't fit into his 4-6-0 fake no.9 system

just thought he was a waste of space, seems Lambert thinks the same.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Very weird situation with Darren Bent.

It would make sense, as Ades said, that if he plays a certain amount of games for us then we'd owe Sunderland the next instalment of the 24m. This would be the case for sure if he doesn't appear on the pitch for the team until January.

If that's not the case, then it's hard to identify what the situation is without actually being in the club, behind the scenes.

We could speculate what's happened,

• They've had a row
  • He's not pulling his weight/showing enough enthusiasm in training
  • Not suitable to Lambert's Tactics, i.e, the team can't carry him while he's on the pitch/make enough chances for him.

Personally, I think it's probably a bit of all 3.

Benteke has made that starting spot his own and does much, much more then what Bent is capable in terms of all round play. If we're playing 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 then it's understandable that he'd be the number 1 choice upfront to hold the play up/do damage on his own.

If anything, sell him in January and get some more players in. No fault of Bent, but I believe if GH was still in charge, and we bought the players he said in interviews that he was going to buy, then Bent would've been our main man. Unfortunately things didn't pan out that way and Bent ending up signing for a team which is battling relegation.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Very weird situation with Darren Bent.

It would make sense, as Ades said, that if he plays a certain amount of games for us then we'd owe Sunderland the next instalment of the 24m. This would be the case for sure if he doesn't appear on the pitch for the team until January.

If that's not the case, then it's hard to identify what the situation is without actually being in the club, behind the scenes.

We could speculate what's happened,

• They've had a row
  • He's not pulling his weight/showing enough enthusiasm in training
  • Not suitable to Lambert's Tactics, i.e, the team can't carry him while he's on the pitch/make enough chances for him.

Personally, I think it's probably a bit of all 3.

Benteke has made that starting spot his own and does much, much more then what Bent is capable in terms of all round play. If we're playing 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 then it's understandable that he'd be the number 1 choice upfront to hold the play up/do damage on his own.

If anything, sell him in January and get some more players in. No fault of Bent, but I believe if GH was still in charge, and we bought the players he said in interviews that he was going to buy, then Bent would've been our main man. Unfortunately things didn't pan out that way and Bent ending up signing for a team which is battling relegation.

You will make QB very angry with statements like that...!
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:58 pm

I think if we do not see Bent take some part tomorrow night (if completely fit) there is some underlying issues between him and PL. Although I think he still has a big place in this Villa team I wouldnt be overly pissed off If we got decent money for him.

villahagler69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Think we would be lucky to get 10 millions for him. There is only one club I can see coming in for him and that's Liverpool. Cant think of another club that might want him.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm

The metro was suggesting that Liverpool would ask for him on loan with a view to permanent move in the summer, what fecking use would that be to us Sad. I thought QPR may go after him, but not with the spiv in charge now, there was talk a while back of Fulham but cant see that now. I read somewhere on one of the villa sites about if he played 2 or 3 more games he would cost money, would be fecking worth it if he kept us in the division.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:28 pm

If he isn't being played because it'll trigger a payment then we may as well raise the white flag and give up now. That is small club attitude not one worthy of Aston Villa football club.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm not a fan of Bent but it's ridiculous not to have him on the bench.

I think someone is just guessing on the money to Sunderland.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:16 pm

He surely has to be on the bench for the Reading game tomorrow or there is something seriously wrong.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 am

QBVILLA wrote:If he isn't being played because it'll trigger a payment then we may as well raise the white flag and give up now. That is small club attitude not one worthy of Aston Villa football club.

I reckon two managers in a row have told RL that Bent is a waste time. Simple as that, and there is point in keepIng him at the club.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:37 am

According to the Evening Mail its rubbish about Bent not playing due to it triggering a payment.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 am

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:If he isn't being played because it'll trigger a payment then we may as well raise the white flag and give up now. That is small club attitude not one worthy of Aston Villa football club.

I reckon two managers in a row have told RL that Bent is a waste time. Simple as that, and there is point in keepIng him at the club.

I don't recall McMinge dropping him. Bent has the best goals to game record of any striker we've had in the last twenty years. For a team who sit 18th to be talking about not needing a goalscorer is laughable.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 am

QB, would you be starting with Bent at the moment?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 am

roadoftrinity wrote:QB, would you be starting with Bent at the moment?

If he's 100% fit then yes without a shadow of a doubt. I'd have him up front with Benteke as given half a chance i think they'd make a good partnership.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top