Bent's destination

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bent's destination

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm resigned to Bent leaving. Time for a JWNED competition folks. Pick two clubs of which you think may be Bent's destination in January. I'm going for a couple of outsiders, Arsenal and Chelsea.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Bedshammer on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Liverpoo.
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Liverpool or QPR

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  jak on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:30 pm

QPR

jak

Posts : 16010
Join date : 2009-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Liverpool or Qpr

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Liverpool on loan Shocked

Mad to sell to QPR.. could score the goals that keeps them up..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Wet Spam
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 55
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:50 pm

A question for those who've said Liverpool. Both AV and Ades have called Bent limited or words along those lines when talking about Bent's all round game. Wouldn't this therefore equate to Liverpool under Rodgers being his least likely destination if he is as you suggest, limited?
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:55 pm

QPR or Fulham
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:25 pm

QBVILLA wrote:A question for those who've said Liverpool. Both AV and Ades have called Bent limited or words along those lines when talking about Bent's all round game. Wouldn't this therefore equate to Liverpool under Rodgers being his least likely destination if he is as you suggest, limited?

Good finisher, Liverpool need goals. Also it seems everyone else in the world think he should be on the pitch regardless of anything else, completely based on who he is. its all I see, 'No Bent ffs' , 'Why isn't Bent in the team' and so on, they will buy him for his name and reputation for scoring, regardless of his other abilities.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Wanting to play a striker because he's one of the PL's top scorers over the last few seasons. Shocking. Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:29 pm

QBVILLA wrote:A question for those who've said Liverpool. Both AV and Ades have called Bent limited or words along those lines when talking about Bent's all round game. Wouldn't this therefore equate to Liverpool under Rodgers being his least likely destination if he is as you suggest, limited?

Liverpool need a striker so I would think he was the most likely option. The fact that he touches the ball on average less than any other player in the Premier League does hint that he is limited compared to other forwards, or maybe it's Villa's play that is limiting him.

Why is Rogers the only manager who wouldn't want him? He signed Danny Graham and Franco Borini as strikers so he is hardly the fountain of knowledge on forwards, he might fancy Bent to put away the chances Liverpool supposedly create.

Personally, if Bent was on top of his game in theory he should do well at Liverpool, as they seem to create a lot of chances and Bent might rediscover his energy he had for Villa when we first signed him. But if he performs anywhere near what he did against Everton this season then a Championship club won't even want him in a season or two.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Wanting to play a striker because he's one of the PL's top scorers over the last few seasons. Shocking. Very Happy

If you can't look at a players all round game and how that fits in with your team and the other players around him then thats probably why you make such shocking predictions on football related matters.

If we had Milner running our midfield and Ashley Young and Downing on the wings in the form they once was for us then I'd have Bent upfront every time as he would get 15 - 20 goals a season.

In our current team he would get no more then 10 goals a season and his lack of impact else where would probably cost us more then it benefits. So if we can get £12m for him January, as well as save on some owed fee's to Sunderland and then use that money to improve other areas of the team and go with the powerhouse that is Benteke upfront then thats my preferred choice.

Either way why should you care.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Bedshammer on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:A question for those who've said Liverpool. Both AV and Ades have called Bent limited or words along those lines when talking about Bent's all round game. Wouldn't this therefore equate to Liverpool under Rodgers being his least likely destination if he is as you suggest, limited?

Good finisher, Liverpool need goals. Also it seems everyone else in the world think he should be on the pitch regardless of anything else, completely based on who he is. its all I see, 'No Bent ffs' , 'Why isn't Bent in the team' and so on, they will buy him for his name and reputation for scoring, regardless of his other abilities.

This
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Wanting to play a striker because he's one of the PL's top scorers over the last few seasons. Shocking. Very Happy

If you can't look at a players all round game and how that fits in with your team and the other players around him then thats probably why you make such shocking predictions on football related matters.

If we had Milner running our midfield and Ashley Young and Downing on the wings in the form they once was for us then I'd have Bent upfront every time as he would get 15 - 20 goals a season.

In our current team he would get no more then 10 goals a season and his lack of impact else where would probably cost us more then it benefits. So if we can get £12m for him January, as well as save on some owed fee's to Sunderland and then use that money to improve other areas of the team and go with the powerhouse that is Benteke upfront then thats my preferred choice.

Either way why should you care.

Chomp. Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:19 pm

I was asking a genuine question regarding Liverpool not looking for a wind up. Just out of interest AV, would you have Bent on the bench?
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Wanting to play a striker because he's one of the PL's top scorers over the last few seasons. Shocking. Very Happy

If you can't look at a players all round game and how that fits in with your team and the other players around him then thats probably why you make such shocking predictions on football related matters.

If we had Milner running our midfield and Ashley Young and Downing on the wings in the form they once was for us then I'd have Bent upfront every time as he would get 15 - 20 goals a season.

In our current team he would get no more then 10 goals a season and his lack of impact else where would probably cost us more then it benefits. So if we can get £12m for him January, as well as save on some owed fee's to Sunderland and then use that money to improve other areas of the team and go with the powerhouse that is Benteke upfront then thats my preferred choice.

Either way why should you care.

Chomp. Wink

Standard reply when someone makes a comment and then has a reply put to them that they can't debate against.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:24 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I was asking a genuine question regarding Liverpool not looking for a wind up. Just out of interest AV, would you have Bent on the bench?

If the reason is the one regarding money to Sunderland and Bent being on the Bench triggers one of those payments and we are looking at getting rid then no as It wouldn't make financial sense to have a player for what 6 more games for a possible £3m as I saw quoted today.

If its nothing to do with money then yes I would have him on the Bench, he is still a good goalscorer, he just doesn't make my first team at the moment.

This Jesus is called having a conversation, not a chomp...

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I was asking a genuine question regarding Liverpool not looking for a wind up. Just out of interest AV, would you have Bent on the bench?

If the reason is the one regarding money to Sunderland and Bent being on the Bench triggers one of those payments and we are looking at getting rid then no as It wouldn't make financial sense to have a player for what 6 more games for a possible £3m as I saw quoted today.

If its nothing to do with money then yes I would have him on the Bench, he is still a good goalscorer, he just doesn't make my first team at the moment.

This Jesus is called having a conversation, not a chomp...

Same here, I would have him on the bench. According to reports int he press today, Sunderland have dismissed any notion that we will owe them a payment if he plays another game.

Surely he will be back on the bench against QPR.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Wanting to play a striker because he's one of the PL's top scorers over the last few seasons. Shocking. Very Happy

If you can't look at a players all round game and how that fits in with your team and the other players around him then thats probably why you make such shocking predictions on football related matters.

If we had Milner running our midfield and Ashley Young and Downing on the wings in the form they once was for us then I'd have Bent upfront every time as he would get 15 - 20 goals a season.

In our current team he would get no more then 10 goals a season and his lack of impact else where would probably cost us more then it benefits. So if we can get £12m for him January, as well as save on some owed fee's to Sunderland and then use that money to improve other areas of the team and go with the powerhouse that is Benteke upfront then thats my preferred choice.

Either way why should you care.

Chomp. Wink

Standard reply when someone makes a comment and then has a reply put to them that they can't debate against.

Okay then.

I'd look at it in the opposite way to you. If a team creates as few chances as you say Villa do, then I'd rather have a proven striker who will put them away regularly. Benteke has made a good start to life in the Premier League, but I've seen him miss some absolute stinkers too. There were two chances in the Reading game that Bent would have buried. I'd say the big advantage that Villa have over the likes of Southampton, QPR, Reading, and Sunderland is a striker with a proven Premiership track record of getting a lot of goals in a season.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Wanting to play a striker because he's one of the PL's top scorers over the last few seasons. Shocking. Very Happy

If you can't look at a players all round game and how that fits in with your team and the other players around him then thats probably why you make such shocking predictions on football related matters.

If we had Milner running our midfield and Ashley Young and Downing on the wings in the form they once was for us then I'd have Bent upfront every time as he would get 15 - 20 goals a season.

In our current team he would get no more then 10 goals a season and his lack of impact else where would probably cost us more then it benefits. So if we can get £12m for him January, as well as save on some owed fee's to Sunderland and then use that money to improve other areas of the team and go with the powerhouse that is Benteke upfront then thats my preferred choice.

Either way why should you care.

Chomp. Wink

Standard reply when someone makes a comment and then has a reply put to them that they can't debate against.

Okay then.

I'd look at it in the opposite way to you. If a team creates as few chances as you say Villa do, then I'd rather have a proven striker who will put them away regularly. Benteke has made a good start to life in the Premier League, but I've seen him miss some absolute stinkers too. There were two chances in the Reading game that Bent would have buried. I'd say the big advantage that Villa have over the likes of Southampton, QPR, Reading, and Sunderland is a striker with a proven Premiership track record of getting a lot of goals in a season.

True in some respects, but then the reason those chances have been created is because of the work that Benteke and others can do outside the box. The hold up the ball, bring others into play, gabby is excellent at holding the ball at his feet and the releasing it to someone else. Benteke equally, but when he jumps up he also wins the header and directs it into space for another villa player or even direct to feet, this is what creates those chances.

I watched the ball be played to Bent god knows how many times and him head it on straight up the pitch no where, straight to the opposition and he doesn't hold it with his feet. So the chance that is created for Benteke to miss would never be created for Bent to score. Do you see where I'm coming from. Having Bent on the pitch can be more detrimental to the whole build up in attack of the team, and thats why he doesn't get in it for me, and why I stick by that he would only make the team if other players was in the midfield who didn't need the strikers to help them create the chances.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Take out Bent's first season for Villa, he has 11 league goals in 31 appearances.

Not good enough for player that does **** all else.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Cause and effect.

Bent in the team and he might get one chance a whole game, and its still 50/50, he isn't bang on to score I've seen him miss some sitters as well.

Current team, create 15 chances the other night, they should have score more then the one they did, sure they will miss more, but the overall odds of scoring I think are improved.

lambert see's this too I'm sure of it, thats why he doesn't pick him, he knows he a good goalscorer but he knows his team is better without him, he can't explain it to the press as for them its just to black and white, they look at a team on paper, not the reality.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:42 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Take out Bent's first season for Villa, he has 11 league goals in 31 appearances.

Not good enough for player that does **** all else.

This also proves the suggestion that you need the players elsewhere in the team to get the most out of Bent, we don't have them.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:Take out Bent's first season for Villa, he has 11 league goals in 31 appearances.

Not good enough for player that does **** all else.

This also proves the suggestion that you need the players elsewhere in the team to get the most out of Bent, we don't have them.

Nope, we certainly don't.

With Bent in the team, we wouldn't be creating half the chances we are. Plus like you said, Bent misses some as well. Start of last season he was missing quiet a few easy chances.

Still don't understand why Lambert doesn't have him on the bench, it's almost like he does it to spite the press.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum