Bent's destination

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Bent is the kind of player you build a team around, he's a top finisher and I think Lambert missed a trick with his signings in not getting a player who can supply him. Benteke and Bent would be a strikeforce to comfortably keep Villa up if they had someone to supply them so it's absolutely right Lambert is facing criticism IMO. He's the kind of player we're missing at UP so send him down. Cheerleader

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:46 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:Take out Bent's first season for Villa, he has 11 league goals in 31 appearances.

Not good enough for player that does **** all else.

This also proves the suggestion that you need the players elsewhere in the team to get the most out of Bent, we don't have them.

Nope, we certainly don't.

With Bent in the team, we wouldn't be creating half the chances we are. Plus like you said, Bent misses some as well. Start of last season he was missing quiet a few easy chances.

Still don't understand why Lambert doesn't have him on the bench, it's almost like he does it to spite the press.

Yes thats why I think its financial, Sunderland say otherwise but they might want to pile the pressure on us to play him to trigger such a payment. Who knows, we might never.

Anyway I hope all is happy with my argument above and all agree that I'm right, I'm certainly not having the same discussion again if he is left out against Qpr Cool

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 pm

AV, you raise some decent points but i'd still play Bent and Benteke together.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Also Lambert could put it all to bed by saying "I want to play with one upfront, and Benteke is more suited to that" but he hasn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:20 pm

QBVILLA wrote:AV, you raise some decent points but i'd still play Bent and Benteke together.

I think if we had some good wingers then Lambert would, at the moment he is having to support them with Gabby and Wiemann as wide strikers, bit like we first playerd under MON with Angel in the middle and Moore and Gabby wide.

Bent can't play one of those wide roles, and Benteke is the one getting the nod in the middle, and rightly so.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Also Lambert could put it all to bed by saying "I want to play with one upfront, and Benteke is more suited to that" but he hasn't.

Again he would be then criticised for that tactic, asked more questions why he can't play two upfront, then what does he do, put it to bed by saying the wingers aren't good enough. Great way to manage players...., you see he can't he just has to let the press carry on perplexed like the idiots they are.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:AV, you raise some decent points but i'd still play Bent and Benteke together.

I think if we had some good wingers then Lambert would, at the moment he is having to support them with Gabby and Wiemann as wide strikers, bit like we first playerd under MON with Angel in the middle and Moore and Gabby wide.

Bent can't play one of those wide roles, and Benteke is the one getting the nod in the middle, and rightly so.

Benteke is certainly worthy of his place I agree. However, if it was a simple either or based on performances, Benteke would've dropped to the bench following having a stinker against Albion and Bent's impressive substitute appearance. Also it doesn't explain why Bent isn't on the bench. I don't necessarily believe we need to play with wingers to have Bent and Benteke in the side. I'd look at a solid midfield 3 of Westwood,Bannan and A.N. Other, Weimann/ Holman/ KEA etc with Ireland playing in an advanced role behind the front two.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:33 pm

I think there are games when we can play with two up top, and Reading was one of those games. Jesus, Bent has missed some sitters as well, think all Villa fans will say Benteke has been a huge player for us, with the notable exception of the Baggies game.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:48 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Take out Bent's first season for Villa, he has 11 league goals in 31 appearances.

That is still better than 1 in 3 which is better than any striker we've had in the last 20yrs so it's not to be sniffed at.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:50 pm

i'll have €5 says he goes to west ham by January cheers

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:16 pm

QBVILLA wrote:A question for those who've said Liverpool. Both AV and Ades have called Bent limited or words along those lines when talking about Bent's all round game. Wouldn't this therefore equate to Liverpool under Rodgers being his least likely destination if he is as you suggest, limited?

When I've said he is limited I meant he needs to be in a team that creates. Our midfield can't create shizzle.. Liverpool have Gerrard Suarez Sterling along with others and create a lot more then we do.. Hence why he could do we there..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

That is still better than 1 in 3 which is better than any striker we've had in the last 20yrs so it's not to be sniffed at.

Very true, but when he literally gives the ball away with every other two. Can we afford to have a player less effective that Juan Pablo Angel for 2 games in every 3?

Carew must have had near on 1 in 3?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:01 am

Yes Carew had 1 in 3, as did Angel although I know Qb will just say that Angel had one good season which improved his strike rate.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 am

QBVILLA wrote:

Hello, don't think you've met my friend;

Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:20 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Yes Carew had 1 in 3, as did Angel although I know Qb will just say that Angel had one good season which improved his strike rate.

Angel scored 62 in 205 which is 3:3. (According to Villa site,44 in 173 according to Wiki) Carew had nigh on 1 in 3. It's true I never rated Angel but I wasn't talking about players I rate just pointing out that Bent has the best goalscoring rate of any of our strikers in the premiership years. For the record that includes Saunders,Yorke, and Dublin all of whom I preferred to Bent. That's a bit of a daft comment, "although I know Qb will just say that Angel had one good season which improved his strike rate", and something I wouldn't say as I thought we were having a discussion on Villa matter rather than a silly little disagreement. I was merely pointing out that out of the following strikers:
Saunders
Yorke
Atkinson
Dublin
Johnson
Milosevic
Carew
Joachim
Vassell
Agbonlahor
Heskey Rolling Eyes
Angel
Baros
Moore
Phillips

None of them have come close to Bent's goals to game ratio, so like I said it's not to be sniffed at.

QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:07 am

It's only because I took out Bent's first season that his scoring record was even near Carew's, with that in there then Bent is head and shoulders above anyone for scoring at Villa. If only we had signed him under MON instead of Heskey who knows what would have happened.

However, I still wouldn't start him now but I do have a sneaking feeling he will be on the bench against QPR. There has to be a reason he bothered to stop and watch the game against Reading other than go shopping.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 am

roadoftrinity wrote:It's only because I took out Bent's first season that his scoring record was even near Carew's, with that in there then Bent is head and shoulders above anyone for scoring at Villa. If only we had signed him under MON instead of Heskey who knows what would have happened.

However, I still wouldn't start him now but I do have a sneaking feeling he will be on the bench against QPR. There has to be a reason he bothered to stop and watch the game against Reading other than go shopping.

I have no problem with the opinion that he shouldn't start. I don't agree with it but it's fair enough. The one that says he shouldn't even be on the bench though is imo ridiculous.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:16 am

QBVILLA wrote:

I have no problem with the opinion that he shouldn't start. I don't agree with it but it's fair enough. The one that says he shouldn't even be on the bench though is imo ridiculous.

I think every Villa fan would agree he should be at least on the bench. It's a very strange situation for him not to be and lets hope Lambert sort it out at the weekend.

Last edited by roadoftrinity on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:20 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

I think every Villa fan would agree he should be at least on the bench. It's a very strange situation for him not to be and lets hope Lambert sort it out at the weekend. [/quote]

You wanna have a look at Heroes and Villains mate. There's plenty on there who are arguing otherwise.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:21 am

What the feck has happened to the quote function? No
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:28 am

QBVILLA wrote:What the feck has happened to the quote function? No

Don't know
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:29 am

QBVILLA wrote:

You wanna have a look at Heroes and Villains mate. There's plenty on there who are arguing otherwise.

Villa fans that think he shouldn't be on the bench?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:33 am

I would certainly have him on the bench for the game tomorrow, that is a no brainer.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Villa fans that think he shouldn't be on the bench?

Yes. You'd think he was the worst footballer we've ever had at the club. Mind you these will no doubt be the same people who are at the moment treating Benteke as God and in 18 months when he's gone on strike for a big move be saying he wasn't that good and encouraged us to play long ball football.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:25 am

Must say the more you look at it the more baffling the Bent situation is.. his goal scoring record is there for all to see.. ok we can all argue does he fit the system but to not have such a marks man on the bench is ridiculous..

All the while his price is heading south faster then Lutes munches a burger or Mark creams his pants over a Villa defeat.. the way things are going we wont even get 14M for him.. it's not as if we are playing him and other clubs know this..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top