Bent's destination

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:27 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Must say the more you look at it the more baffling the Bent situation is.. his goal scoring record is there for all to see.. ok we can all argue does he fit the system but to not have such a marks man on the bench is ridiculous..

All the while his price is heading south faster then Lutes munches a burger or Mark creams his pants over a Villa defeat.. the way things are going we wont even get 14M for him.. it's not as if we are playing him and other clubs know this..

We would not have a chance of getting £14 million for him anyway, £10 million maximum and that's probably dropping.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 am

Any club that takes him would be on loan with a view to a permanent deal in summer. £10m tops if QPR decide to go for him.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:43 am

Must say I don't care to much tbh, I like watching Benteke play. I get frustrated at watching Bent up front.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Wanting to play a striker because he's one of the PL's top scorers over the last few seasons. Shocking. Very Happy

If you can't look at a players all round game and how that fits in with your team and the other players around him then thats probably why you make such shocking predictions on football related matters.

If we had Milner running our midfield and Ashley Young and Downing on the wings in the form they once was for us then I'd have Bent upfront every time as he would get 15 - 20 goals a season.

In our current team he would get no more then 10 goals a season and his lack of impact else where would probably cost us more then it benefits. So if we can get £12m for him January, as well as save on some owed fee's to Sunderland and then use that money to improve other areas of the team and go with the powerhouse that is Benteke upfront then thats my preferred choice.

Either way why should you care.

Chomp. Wink

Standard reply when someone makes a comment and then has a reply put to them that they can't debate against.

Okay then.

I'd look at it in the opposite way to you. If a team creates as few chances as you say Villa do, then I'd rather have a proven striker who will put them away regularly. Benteke has made a good start to life in the Premier League, but I've seen him miss some absolute stinkers too. There were two chances in the Reading game that Bent would have buried. I'd say the big advantage that Villa have over the likes of Southampton, QPR, Reading, and Sunderland is a striker with a proven Premiership track record of getting a lot of goals in a season.

True in some respects, but then the reason those chances have been created is because of the work that Benteke and others can do outside the box. The hold up the ball, bring others into play, gabby is excellent at holding the ball at his feet and the releasing it to someone else. Benteke equally, but when he jumps up he also wins the header and directs it into space for another villa player or even direct to feet, this is what creates those chances.

I watched the ball be played to Bent god knows how many times and him head it on straight up the pitch no where, straight to the opposition and he doesn't hold it with his feet. So the chance that is created for Benteke to miss would never be created for Bent to score. Do you see where I'm coming from. Having Bent on the pitch can be more detrimental to the whole build up in attack of the team, and thats why he doesn't get in it for me, and why I stick by that he would only make the team if other players was in the midfield who didn't need the strikers to help them create the chances.

Just look at the 30 mins Bent played today, completely destroyed the rhythm of the team, touched the ball perhaps 2/3 times, one of them was a head straight up the pitch to the def/GK. It's really no wonder he doesn't make the team, like playing with 10 men, and we aren't good enough to do that.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Picking Bent today, thus cup tying him suggests to me that Bent is staying put.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:09 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Picking Bent today, thus cup tying him suggests to me that Bent is staying put.

Lambert said it would be crazy to sell him to a relegation rival and can't see the top clubs buying him.

Good to have him back at an option, along with Gabby and N'Zogbia who for some reason I still have hope for.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:14 pm

N'Zogbia always gives you hope because he has shown in the past to possess real ability. Problem is he hasn't while he's been at Villa. In Bent and the lazy frog we have £35m invested in transfer fees alone. To be in the position we are with that in mind is absolutely abysmal. Anyway round 4 of the FA cup and semis of the league cup so it aint all bad.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bent's destination

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum