Villa Fans

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Villa Fans

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:04 pm

I think the Villa fans are being very tolerant of your manager... I haven't heard any calls for him to be sacked as yet and I would have thought there would be by now...
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Bedshammer on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:05 pm

He looked like a dead man walking today.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Its not to surprising really..... He must feel quite let down by the players because they cant really be that bad...
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:19 pm

Missed chances, inexperienced defence, Prem League players who dont wanna play ...the list goes on Shocked Lerner not spending ? ffs if you dont want to back the club sell !!
truevillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Mind you, it sounds like West Ham were dire today, too.
Crying or Very sad
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Stan Collymore on Twitter ...

Key was always to spend consistently rather than feast of MON to cloth cutting now. That's the truth at Villa.

so right.
truevillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:28 pm

truevillan wrote:Missed chances, inexperienced defence, Prem League players who dont wanna play ...the list goes on Shocked Lerner not spending ? ffs if you dont want to back the club sell !!

I believe that Lerner misunderstood how football clubs work over here.... In the US teams dont lose money they get help from the rest of the league if they do badly... In fact there is no such thing as relegation... (Its a very communistic way of doing things in a country like America)... So this idea of you stand on your own two feet and spending to win will be quiet alien to him...
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Lerner is a good guy but the man hasn't got a scooby how to run a football.. Unluckily for us..

Paul Faulkner is clueless..

We till this season have never had a half decent scout in Europe..

PL has to be questioned too.. No goals in 4 of the last 5 prem games is ridiculous..

We have been in the Prem every season since its been formed.. Reaping the rewards of the richest league in the world and yet we are skint.. Apparently villa fans are living in cloud cuckoo land if we think we can buy the likes of Parker or Lescott according to PL.. How the hell has it come to this..

We have a shit defence and shit midfield.. Half the transfer window is nearly done and we haven't brought anyone.. PL sound like a didthering fool when asked about players coming in..

If today's results doesn't force RL into spending 15 odd million ESP in the season where you don't want to go down with the sky money increasing then we have given up..

We cant comment on the future but the Season so far shows we are a shambles and anyone who at this precise point doesn't think so is crazy..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Lambert chose to spend 20+ million in the summer as he did, he's put Hutton and Warnock in the reserves, pinned our midfield hopes on KEA and Westwood. He chose to sell Collins after we had released Cueller and Dunne was injured and just bring in Vlaar.

Not Lerners fault for me, it's totally Lambert. I agreed with some of his descisions and still think he can turn it round. If we had finished out chances today we would have won.

Need to beat both West Ham and Newcastle at home, and get something out of either Baggies or Everton

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:01 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Lambert chose to spend 20+ million in the summer as he did, he's put Hutton and Warnock in the reserves, pinned our midfield hopes on KEA and Westwood. He chose to sell Collins after we had released Cueller and Dunne was injured and just bring in Vlaar.

Not Lerners fault for me, it's totally Lambert. I agreed with some of his descisions and still think he can turn it round. If we had finished out chances today we would have won.

Need to beat both West Ham and Newcastle at home, and get something out of either Baggies or Everton

and if Julio Ceasar wasnt in goal for QPR today we would have won it at a walk.... You arent going to stay up on if buts and maybes.... just ike SPurs arent going to be in the CL if they cant get past teams that bring a bus
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:10 pm

IMO (for what it's worth) Villa aren't as bad as they seem but they really do have to start getting some points in, which means taking their chances when they occur and doing something to tighten the defence. PL hasn't suddenly become a poor manager, maybe he's stretched the capabilities of his team selections a bit but I'm sure he'll do the job. I'd hate to think that Robbie Savage and his earlier prediction was in any way correct!
Oh and Tottingham have been flattering to deceive (as usual) - what did I hear on Football Focus? They have the two best wide-men in the Premier League? Chrissake, even non-Spuds manage to Spud their way into the expectations stakes. Tottingham will not finish Top Four - you heard it here first (but, actually, you know that already don't you?)!

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:14 pm

jpr60 wrote:IMO (for what it's worth) Villa aren't as bad as they seem but they really do have to start getting some points in, which means taking their chances when they occur and doing something to tighten the defence. PL hasn't suddenly become a poor manager, maybe he's stretched the capabilities of his team selections a bit but I'm sure he'll do the job. I'd hate to think that Robbie Savage and his earlier prediction was in any way correct!
Oh and Tottingham have been flattering to deceive (as usual) - what did I hear on Football Focus? They have the two best wide-men in the Premier League? Chrissake, even non-Spuds manage to Spud their way into the expectations stakes. Tottingham will not finish Top Four - you heard it here first (but, actually, you know that already don't you?)!

You really are just a typical one eyed goon arent you??? We have finished in the top four in two out of the last three years... there is nothing stopping us being there this year...
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:15 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

and if Julio Ceasar wasnt in goal for QPR today we would have won it at a walk.... You arent going to stay up on if buts and maybes.... just ike SPurs arent going to be in the CL if they cant get past teams that bring a bus

Of course, but some Villa fans seem to think we are gone already.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Was it a dive today for the penalty, TV comments seem to suggest it was? Next week is going to be tough against them wanky boggies who fecked up today v Reading. We need a couple of players in urgently. By the way, I got a text from someone today who was discussing the game and then suddenly came out with the comment "this is desperate stuff, we need a girl". I echo his comments Very Happy
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Yep, it was a dive, no contact at all.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:35 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:IMO (for what it's worth) Villa aren't as bad as they seem but they really do have to start getting some points in, which means taking their chances when they occur and doing something to tighten the defence. PL hasn't suddenly become a poor manager, maybe he's stretched the capabilities of his team selections a bit but I'm sure he'll do the job. I'd hate to think that Robbie Savage and his earlier prediction was in any way correct!

You really are just a typical one eyed goon arent you??? We have finished in the top four in two out of the last three years... there is nothing stopping us being there this year...

Twice in the top four in the last three seasons? Be grateful! But don't assume that means Tottingham are good enough to finish top four this season. "Nothing stopping us being there this year"? I suggest ManU, ManC, Arsenal and Chelsea for a start!

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:38 pm

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/cheat-jay-rodriguez-is-the-premier-leagues-latest-shameful-diver-as-aston-villa-lose-to-southampton/

That dive is a fecking disgrace. Terrible defending in the first place, but the guy should be banned for that Mad
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:41 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

Twice in the top four in the last three seasons? Be grateful! But don't assume that means Tottingham are good enough to finish top four this season. "Nothing stopping us being there this year"? I suggest ManU, ManC, Arsenal and Chelsea for a start!

You can say what you like about teams stopping us getting in the top four... but I would suggest Everton are closer to stopping us than Arsenil are...
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:47 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

You can say what you like about teams stopping us getting in the top four... but I would suggest Everton are closer to stopping us than Arsenil are...

OK, that's another team - five now - that'll ensure Tottingham don't reach top four. My point was that it's not only Spuds who over-exaggerate Tottingham's capabilities. It must be contagious that Spud-optimism thing Very Happy

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Can you two ladies piss off and have your little hissy fit elsewhere, us Villa fans need to mourn in peace
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:55 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Can you two ladies piss off and have your little hissy fit elsewhere, us Villa fans need to mourn in peace

Oi I didnt start it... I was trying to be sympathetic to the villans.... it was old one eye that tried to hijack the thread
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:02 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Can you two ladies piss off and have your little hissy fit elsewhere, us Villa fans need to mourn in peace

Oi I didnt start it... I was trying to be sympathetic to the villans.... it was old one eye that tried to hijack the thread

Oooooooooooh what a cheek (he hissily-fitted)! I saw a Spud waxing lyrical about Villa's plight and I thought to add my twopence-worth (admittedly including a comment regarding Tottingham's false position in the table, since said Spud had alluded to it). Don't you worry my Villa-loving friends, you'll be alright in the end - trust me - whoops! flower

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:06 pm

The two of you need to grow some balls (even if you want yours chopped off Frenchie) Wink
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:07 pm

villanfromluton wrote:The two of you need to grow some balls (even if you want yours chopped off Frenchie) Wink

Uuummm why?
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Just meet up and have a rumble, you may end up making sweet music
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down