Villa Fans

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  jak on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:22 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jak wrote:A terrible decision re the penalty and an equally terrible decison re the Lowton tackle.
Crap referee !!! Is there a consistently good one?
At a time when the standard is so low I think the need for technical assistance is more necessary than ever.
These referees are having too much effect on too many results. I'm getting pissed off with watching it, even when it favours my team.

I dont thing referees are any worse than in the past... I actually think they are a lot better... The problem is there are a whole load of HD cameras around the ground now and we can all second guess the referee

Sorry, Cath, I can't agree with that. I think referees are far too involved in the game these days. They're not prepared to be anonymous anymore. We used to judge a referees performance by how little we'd noticed him, now you can't help but notice them because they want their share of celebrity. Sure there have always been mistakes but not game in game out like these days

jak

Posts : 16010
Join date : 2009-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  FrenchSpur on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:26 pm

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jak wrote:A terrible decision re the penalty and an equally terrible decison re the Lowton tackle.
Crap referee !!! Is there a consistently good one?
At a time when the standard is so low I think the need for technical assistance is more necessary than ever.
These referees are having too much effect on too many results. I'm getting pissed off with watching it, even when it favours my team.

I dont thing referees are any worse than in the past... I actually think they are a lot better... The problem is there are a whole load of HD cameras around the ground now and we can all second guess the referee

Sorry, Cath, I can't agree with that. I think referees are far too involved in the game these days. They're not prepared to be anonymous anymore. We used to judge a referees performance by how little we'd noticed him, now you can't help but notice them because they want their share of celebrity. Sure there have always been mistakes but not game in game out like these days

Well I always remember people moaning about the refs.... the problem was you could never prove it now it seems you can with the different camera angles....

But yeah I can see the refs wanting their share of the mighty sky sports pot.... I guess it went awry when they allowed advertising on the refs shirts..
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 55
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  QBVILLA on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:46 pm

I've watched the footage again just and I can't blame the ref nor linesman for giving the penalty. It was a dive, from Southampton's point of view, an excellent dive. As the reffing standards...
Number of factors. Game is a lot quicker these days so the refs have to be fitter. It is virtually a non contact sport now. In years gone by you had to nigh on assault someone to get booked. On top of that I remember a piece of advice my old man gave me as a schoolboy footballer. It was,
No matter how hard they hit you never let them know they've hurt you"
These days players go down and roll round screaming in pain like big poofs trying to get opponents carded. There's that much cheating or 'professionalism' it's not surprising refs are getting it wrong.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:38 pm

One of the first bits of advice I got as a lad was make sure you go in hard for the first tackle, didnt matter whether you got the ball or the player. As for yesterday and the dive, Adkins is a manager I respect, but thought him smirking about the incident didnt show him in a good light. He spoke a load of tosh instead of saying it was a dive and he would be having words with the player. Ricky Lambert's comments were jsut as embarrassing
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Bedshammer on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Smugkins has been getting on my nerves for a while now.
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:02 pm

I actually quite like him Beds, but his comments yesterday were silly
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Bedshammer on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:05 pm

What's happened to Dunne, is he injured, or out of favour?
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Has been injured since June, apparently may start training this week, but will be a while to get fit
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Bedshammer on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:07 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I actually quite like him Beds, but his comments yesterday were silly

We heard a lot from him last season, which is probably why my tolerance is bit more worn than yours. Give it time....
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Bedshammer on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:08 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Has been injured since June, apparently may start training this week, but will be a while to get fit

That was quick! Cheers Lutes, Mr B was asking.
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Has been injured since June, apparently may start training this week, but will be a while to get fit

That was quick! Cheers Lutes, Mr B was asking.

He is probably the size of an elephant now
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Bedshammer on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:12 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Has been injured since June, apparently may start training this week, but will be a while to get fit

That was quick! Cheers Lutes, Mr B was asking.

He is probably the size of an elephant now

Like Phil Dowd, you mean?
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  jak on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:46 pm

villanfromluton wrote:One of the first bits of advice I got as a lad was make sure you go in hard for the first tackle, didnt matter whether you got the ball or the player. As for yesterday and the dive, Adkins is a manager I respect, but thought him smirking about the incident didnt show him in a good light. He spoke a load of tosh instead of saying it was a dive and he would be having words with the player. Ricky Lambert's comments were jsut as embarrassing

One of the first bits of advice you got as a lad was, "Get that pie downya son" and you've followed that advice to the letter ever since. Wink

jak

Posts : 16010
Join date : 2009-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:54 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:One of the first bits of advice I got as a lad was make sure you go in hard for the first tackle, didnt matter whether you got the ball or the player. As for yesterday and the dive, Adkins is a manager I respect, but thought him smirking about the incident didnt show him in a good light. He spoke a load of tosh instead of saying it was a dive and he would be having words with the player. Ricky Lambert's comments were jsut as embarrassing

One of the first bits of advice you got as a lad was, "Get that pie downya son" and you've followed that advice to the letter ever since. Wink

nothing wrong with that.
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villainies on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:49 pm

We are going down as things stand. If we don't get a pretty decent central midfielder and a couple of defenders in its all over for Villa. Well done Randy, that's one of the worst five year plans I've ever seen. However, I think he has been let down by Lambert. He spent the money poorly that he had available in the summer. the players he got in and the team we are putting out isn't premiership standard.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 am

In the summer Dunne Petrov Warnock are all out of contract.. thats a saving of 150K a week guaranteed..

Then you have the likes of Hutton Ireland Bent Makoun Given most likely to leave too.. thats probably another 250K a week we could have off the books.. ok even if we can't shift all of them... you would still assume you can shift 150K worth of wages a week off the books and virtually put an end to the high wage players who aren't in the team or long term plans..

Right as of now recent results suggest we are down.. if you can't score against the likes of Southampton and Wigan at home and concede three at a fourth tier team then the writing is on the wall..

Lerner needs to be pro active.. we will save money on wages in the summer so he needs to sanction deals for players on PL's shopping list and get at least three quality players in.. a CB LB 2 xCM are needed.. so lets at least get three of those positions sorted!




avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:28 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:In the summer Dunne Petrov Warnock are all out of contract.. thats a saving of 150K a week guaranteed..

Then you have the likes of Hutton Ireland Bent Makoun Given most likely to leave too.. thats probably another 250K a week we could have off the books.. ok even if we can't shift all of them... you would still assume you can shift 150K worth of wages a week off the books and virtually put an end to the high wage players who aren't in the team or long term plans..

Right as of now recent results suggest we are down.. if you can't score against the likes of Southampton and Wigan at home and concede three at a fourth tier team then the writing is on the wall..

Lerner needs to be pro active.. we will save money on wages in the summer so he needs to sanction deals for players on PL's shopping list and get at least three quality players in.. a CB LB 2 xCM are needed.. so lets at least get three of those positions sorted!


Most we are going to get is a central midfielder and central defender. No chance on the left back, Lambert strikes me as the suborn type and can't see him giving up on Bennett that quickly.

Plus he signed two central midfielders in the summer, another 2 been signed now? Huddlestone has to be an option, was available for loan in the summer so still might be now. We should have got N'Zonzi in the summer, no idea why Lambert didn't go for him.

Centre half's I have no idea on but they need Premier League experience, if Dunne can get fit them him and Vlaar would be ideal for the rest of the season.


roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:40 am

I like Huddlestone always have but if we only have limited funds then I don't think he's what we should be looking at. We need a midfield snotter someone like Palacios if he's fit? I dunno i'm at a loss. The weekend is fast approaching and the amount of Albion fans I know is making me dread Saturday as I think we're in for a right cuffing.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:44 am

Yes he signed two in the summer but one is a kid with potential and the other hasn't been upto much.. add to that he must surely know that Delph Bannan Albrighton are rubbish and surely can't be in his plans then another TWO are a minimum to what we need.. I don't know who his targets are or if they are available in Jan but if they are then we should be getting them in rather then waiting till summer when we could end up in the Championship..

But i agree with you.. i think we will get a CB and CM and maybe one more addition at a push..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 am

QBVILLA wrote:I like Huddlestone always have but if we only have limited funds then I don't think he's what we should be looking at. We need a midfield snotter someone like Palacios if he's fit? I dunno i'm at a loss. The weekend is fast approaching and the amount of Albion fans I know is making me dread Saturday as I think we're in for a right cuffing.

Apparently he has been shocking for Stoke,think he is might be off to Turkey as well. I'm at a loss on who we should get, that's Lamberts job.

Maybe the Championship for a season would be to bad, other than the banter I get at work I don't think the change would concern me to much but maybe I'm just trying to look on the bright side of it.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:47 am

QBVILLA wrote:I like Huddlestone always have but if we only have limited funds then I don't think he's what we should be looking at. We need a midfield snotter someone like Palacios if he's fit? I dunno i'm at a loss. The weekend is fast approaching and the amount of Albion fans I know is making me dread Saturday as I think we're in for a right cuffing.

Placios is a good shout but is he any good anymore.. i'm sure he isn't making the Stoke team.. i hope he isn't one that's totally lost it.. Huddlestone is a good shout too..

The problem with loan deals in prem is that they normally don't happen till the last few days and our need is now..!

I am still hoping that Lerner will see the disaster of relegation and pull the money out to save us..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 am

We missed out on N Zonzi and Diame.. 4M for the pair of them was a complete steal.. and they both would only increase in value.. you could build quiet an attacking team around them..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:58 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:We missed out on N Zonzi and Diame.. 4M for the pair of them was a complete steal.. and they both would only increase in value.. you could build quiet an attacking team around them..

Yep, it was strange we weren't in for either of them.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villainies on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:06 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I like Huddlestone always have but if we only have limited funds then I don't think he's what we should be looking at. We need a midfield snotter someone like Palacios if he's fit? I dunno i'm at a loss. The weekend is fast approaching and the amount of Albion fans I know is making me dread Saturday as I think we're in for a right cuffing.

Very Happy feckin right we do. Laughing
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:06 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:We missed out on N Zonzi and Diame.. 4M for the pair of them was a complete steal.. and they both would only increase in value.. you could build quiet an attacking team around them..

Yep, it was strange we weren't in for either of them.


They might be on a shed load and it seems to me that we aren't in the market for £40k a week players these days. As for a season in the Championship....
If we did what Newcastle did then it would be good in the long run. However, there is also a possibility of doing what Leeds and Sheff Weds have done. I think relegation would be an absolute catastrophe.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum