Villa Fans

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villainies on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I like Huddlestone always have but if we only have limited funds then I don't think he's what we should be looking at. We need a midfield snotter someone like Palacios if he's fit? I dunno i'm at a loss. The weekend is fast approaching and the amount of Albion fans I know is making me dread Saturday as I think we're in for a right cuffing.

Apparently he has been shocking for Stoke,think he is might be off to Turkey as well. I'm at a loss on who we should get, that's Lamberts job.

Maybe the Championship for a season would be to bad, other than the banter I get at work I don't think the change would concern me to much but maybe I'm just trying to look on the bright side of it.

\My worry with that is if we don't come straight back up we could become a yoyo team like the Blouse or west Ham.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:15 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:We missed out on N Zonzi and Diame.. 4M for the pair of them was a complete steal.. and they both would only increase in value.. you could build quiet an attacking team around them..

Yep, it was strange we weren't in for either of them.


They might be on a shed load and it seems to me that we aren't in the market for £40k a week players these days. As for a season in the Championship....
If we did what Newcastle did then it would be good in the long run. However, there is also a possibility of doing what Leeds and Sheff Weds have done. I think relegation would be an absolute catastrophe.

If that's the case.. then its game over!
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Also agree that relegation would be a disaster for us..!!
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Bedshammer on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:59 pm

When we were relegated, the owners/manager took the chance to offload a lot of dead wood, and Sam was shrewd in his transfer dealings. I have to say, last season was fun. We went to lots of away games because the ticket prices were cheaper, our season tickets bought us more games and we got to see us win quite a lot, and topped the season with that great day at Wembley. Every cloud, and all that.
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Bedshammer wrote:When we were relegated, the owners/manager took the chance to offload a lot of dead wood, and Sam was shrewd in his transfer dealings. I have to say, last season was fun. We went to lots of away games because the ticket prices were cheaper, our season tickets bought us more games and we got to see us win quite a lot, and topped the season with that great day at Wembley. Every cloud, and all that.

Fair bit different though Beds. You'd had a 4 or 5 year run in the top flight. We've been there for 25. I'd hazard a guess there's a lot of players in the Villa squad that have contracts which aren't affected by relegation. As a fan i'm not privvy to the clubs finances but looking at in simple terms I think we'd be facing a financial disaster should we be relegated, which by the way seems a very real prospect.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Bedshammer on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 pm

You need an owner that takes more interest, I reckon. The kindest thing Lerner could do would be to sell the club, and Lambert is starting to look like a disastrous appointment.
To give the Daves and Karren credit where it's due, they're very good at getting bums on seats.
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Bedshammer wrote:You need an owner that takes more interest, I reckon. The kindest thing Lerner could do would be to sell the club, and Lambert is starting to look like a disastrous appointment.
To give the Daves and Karren credit where it's due, they're very good at getting bums on seats.

Finding a buyer would be hard, plus there are a lot worse owners out there than Lerner. He needs to bring the ticket prices down to get people into the ground.

He's made mistakes, but he's put money in. If we stop up or go down, I would still stick with Lambert, have had enough of chopping and changing manager. However Owen Coyle, Paul Jewell, the list goes on have all looked brilliant managers for a season or two then been caught out their depth.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:When we were relegated, the owners/manager took the chance to offload a lot of dead wood, and Sam was shrewd in his transfer dealings. I have to say, last season was fun. We went to lots of away games because the ticket prices were cheaper, our season tickets bought us more games and we got to see us win quite a lot, and topped the season with that great day at Wembley. Every cloud, and all that.

Fair bit different though Beds. You'd had a 4 or 5 year run in the top flight. We've been there for 25. I'd hazard a guess there's a lot of players in the Villa squad that have contracts which aren't affected by relegation. As a fan i'm not privvy to the clubs finances but looking at in simple terms I think we'd be facing a financial disaster should we be relegated, which by the way seems a very real prospect.

I agree with that totally.. last time we were relegated fans like me and you were kids.. you could say we haven't seen Villa play outside the top tier of English football.. makes it even harder to stomach relegation..

It's also why i still keep believing that Randy this season of all seasons won't reinvest and attempt to keep us up...
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:58 pm

NRC is available on a free contract.

I've never rated him, however that was when we were looking to be a top 6 side, think his experience could help at the moment if we are that skint.

On the relegation front, I guess financially it would be a disastrous, just thought it might be a bit more interesting, playing different sides, not getting beating by Man U at home every season after playing well, getting spanked away at Man City.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villainies on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:01 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:NRC is available on a free contract.

I've never rated him, however that was when we were looking to be a top 6 side, think his experience could help at the moment if we are that skint.

On the relegation front, I guess financially it would be a disastrous, just thought it might be a bit more interesting, playing different sides, not getting beating by Man U at home every season after playing well, getting spanked away at Man City.

Right now,assuming NRC is fully fit he would be a welcome face at Villa Park. Although doubt he would want to come back TBH.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:03 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:You need an owner that takes more interest, I reckon. The kindest thing Lerner could do would be to sell the club, and Lambert is starting to look like a disastrous appointment.
To give the Daves and Karren credit where it's due, they're very good at getting bums on seats.

Finding a buyer would be hard, plus there are a lot worse owners out there than Lerner. He needs to bring the ticket prices down to get people into the ground.

He's made mistakes, but he's put money in. If we stop up or go down, I would still stick with Lambert, have had enough of chopping and changing manager. However Owen Coyle, Paul Jewell, the list goes on have all looked brilliant managers for a season or two then been caught out their depth.

Lener has made some bad decisions but as you say you can't say he hasn't invested which makes me believe he will dig deep to get us out of this hole..

As for PL.. i really rated him.. his job at Norwich.. the fact he played in Germany and had contacts there.. his employment of Henke as chief scout ( sadly he seems like he is offski already ).. but there are question marks now i think.. we are shipping in way too many goals and im worried he can't organise a back four..


Last edited by ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

villainies wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:NRC is available on a free contract.

I've never rated him, however that was when we were looking to be a top 6 side, think his experience could help at the moment if we are that skint.

On the relegation front, I guess financially it would be a disastrous, just thought it might be a bit more interesting, playing different sides, not getting beating by Man U at home every season after playing well, getting spanked away at Man City.

Right now,assuming NRC is fully fit he would be a welcome face at Villa Park. Although doubt he would want to come back TBH.

NRC.. fcuking hell has it really come to that!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:05 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
NRC.. fcuking hell has it really come to that!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought I would say it, but I think it might have. Laughing

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
NRC.. fcuking hell has it really come to that!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought I would say it, but I think it might have. Laughing

Don't know whether to laugh or cry...!

Would be comedy genius if it wasn't for the fact it's happening to our club Sad
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Don't know whether to laugh or cry...!

Would be comedy genius if it wasn't for the fact it's happening to our club Sad

We need someone like that anyway, however Delph did better against Southampton but we've been hopefully of him coming for a few seasons now.

Also Enda Stevens should not get near our team again, he genuinely wouldn't even get in a league 1 side.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Delph is rubbish.. he along with Bannan Ireland Albrighton needs shipping out.. that's virtually a midfield just there.. what a mess we are in..

As for NRC.. he wasn't all that against us for Ipswich..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:43 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Delph is rubbish.. he along with Bannan Ireland Albrighton needs shipping out.. that's virtually a midfield just there.. what a mess we are in..

As for NRC.. he wasn't all that against us for Ipswich..

I didn't see any of the Ipswich game so can't comment, he probably is shitter now than he was at Villa.

No point shipping out Delph and Bannan yet, we need a squad of players, it's having all these players playing at once that's the problem.

If you had one of them next to someone like Petrov they would look a lot better.

Ireland can **** off.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villanfromluton on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Things may be bad, but NRC has barely got in a struggling Ipswich team and been very average by all accounts. I agree about Ireland, the guy is a f*cking disgrace, trouble is no one will want him on those wages. We need one or two new faces before the baggies game, if possible. I would like Huddlestone on loan, but it appears Lerner dont want any loan signings, bit strange IMO.
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Billy Bonds on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:11 am

villainies wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I like Huddlestone always have but if we only have limited funds then I don't think he's what we should be looking at. We need a midfield snotter someone like Palacios if he's fit? I dunno i'm at a loss. The weekend is fast approaching and the amount of Albion fans I know is making me dread Saturday as I think we're in for a right cuffing.

Apparently he has been shocking for Stoke,think he is might be off to Turkey as well. I'm at a loss on who we should get, that's Lamberts job.

Maybe the Championship for a season would be to bad, other than the banter I get at work I don't think the change would concern me to much but maybe I'm just trying to look on the bright side of it.

\My worry with that is if we don't come straight back up we could become a yoyo team like the Blouse or west Ham.


Lol Yoyo team....well thats purely down to management i reckon...west ham did have a reputation of having not so many managers...but then it kinda went all tits up in a 15 year spell i reckon, so many managers so many axed,,,,up n down like a whores draws..providing wh keep sam...i cannot see us going down and maybe just maybe keep us here for some years to come....But like qb says he's kinda lost interest in the game,,,when i was watching us play sunderland and we got hammered it did'nt really bother me like it used too...

But if villa down sort their shit out and very soon, then relegation could become a very expensive reallity for you much loved club,,,oh and yr manager dont seem to have a scooby doo Tease

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Posts : 3185
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 am

Mark,Vidal was looking for a bite but I think West Ham are the most relegated/promoted team from the top flight in history. I shall check that stat, in which case the term 'yoyo' would be very apt. As long as Allardyce is in charge I think West Ham will be a Premiership club.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 am

Is Allardyce the bloke none of them thought should be at West Ham Very Happy
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Bedshammer on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:59 am

villanfromluton wrote:Is Allardyce the bloke none of them thought should be at West Ham Very Happy

I for one can admit I was wrong. It doesn't happen often enough for me to worry about it. Tease
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:53 am

Think reason we haven't been calling for Lambert's head is that we can see what he is trying to do and in the long term he could build a good team and is a good up and coming manager. Perhaps he has been a bit naive with all these young players who yes show great potential but who's inexperience has certainly showed of xmas which has really thrown our season into turmoil. I keep getting asked at work if I think he should be sacked and I keep saying no, and I honestly think we could go down and we wouldn't sack him. If we do go down and then he can't bring us back up with his team then obviously that would change. Just hope now Vlaar is back, the team start to become a bit more solid and we can start picking up points and survive this season.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Bedshammer on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:20 am

Why were the players wearing black armbands yesterday?
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:34 am

Bedshammer wrote:Why were the players wearing black armbands yesterday?

Because a west brom legend from the 1950's, Derek Kevan, had passed away the day before. Villa fans apparently quite rightly applauded throughout only for the little clubs fans to respond by booing in the 19th minute during the Petrov salute. Some people just have not got a clue

AVFC, you have summed it up really well. Yes, we need a dominant person alongside Westwood (thought Delph did really well yesterday) and another player or two, but the potential is there unlike last season. Whether we can survive is another matter, we cant take any injuries at all at the moment
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa Fans

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum