The Worst Aston Villa Team In My Lifetime

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Worst Aston Villa Team In My Lifetime

Post  spirit on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:48 pm

i have seen some shit teams down villa park in my time, but these bunch are the worst, not just a reaction to going out to bradford, headless chickens running around who cant defend at the basic level, once bradford got their corner, i thought here we go another goal, absolutely humilitating, even with all our posession, duke hardly had any saves to make, championship here we come, i hate to say it, but doug would not have put up with this, we are a joke

spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Worst Aston Villa Team In My Lifetime

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:01 pm

I have to agree.

Only player who I thought showed some heart was Fabian Delph. Ran his socks off.

We've only got 9 days of this window to get players in as well.

Absolutely gutted tonight.

Lambert got his tactics all wrong second half. Fair enough, chuck on 4 strikers - but at least use N'Zogbia and Gabby on the focking wings to put the crosses in. Fucks sake.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:09 pm

This is a truly terrible Villa team, maybe the worst I've seen. But it's what's going on behind the scenes that worries me most. I didn't like Doug but he was better than this. I want managerial stability at the club but WTF was Lambert thinking of in the last transfer window? SHOCKING.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 pm

If Ellis had stayed in charge we would not be in the premiership now
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Lambert is tactically inept. If McLeish was in charge, with the same money Lambert has spent, we would without doubt be in a better position in the league.

We would probably only has crowds of 10 000.

Bradford fans were singing tonight

"he left cause your shite....he left cause your shirtless, that Emile Heskey, he left cause your shite"

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  marsamgod73 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 pm

We need: a midfield, any sort of width, a defence coach or five, experience, to keep out heads up after conceding.

Without these,at least, we're down.

Watching the following now on sky Atlantic one horror show to another......
marsamgod73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:07 pm

marsamgod73 wrote:We need: a midfield, any sort of width, a defence coach or five, experience, to keep out heads up after conceding.

Without these,at least, we're down.

Watching the following now on sky Atlantic one horror show to another......

Damn forgot that starts today.. thanks for the reminder going to flick over now Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  spirit on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 pm

dont get me wrong, we have some talented individual players, we also have far too many championship quality players, the most worrying thing is we have no leaders on the pitch, not one, we need at least three or four, our defending from set pieces is woeful, you cant neccesarily blame lambert for that, he must send the players out to do a job, the experienced players dont seem to really care, they are probably thinking where they will be playing next season, like i said previously i have seen many poor teams in my time, but at least we had players who tried to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and get them to play, we now have no one, dropping six points to southampton and probably dropping six points to wigan is the stuff relegation is made of, i personally think we will finish bottom of the league, i hope i am proved wrong, i think we need five or six wins to stay up, where are they coming from? i was never a fan of ellis, quite the opposite, but he would not have let this situation arise, the silence from lerner is deafening, i think we will be the biggest club in the championship next season, this, the worst season to be relegated due to the increased tv money starting next season, we have flirted with relegation for a few seasons now, so what do we do? we weaken the team, a crazy business plan, sad bad days at villa park, and this isnt a team that would neccesarily come straight back up, we could be on the football league show for years to come

spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 pm

We could easily be the next Sheffield Wednesday... we are in a critical phase in our history..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  spirit on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 pm

the criminal thing is that this situation was totally avoidable, we didnt need to spend millions on transfer fees and wages, to throw so many youngsters into the team was crazy, some of these players should be be playing ten to fifteen games a season to get up to speed, instead we rely on them to play the whole season, when their confidence is so obviously shot, after bradford equalised we still had half an hour to score two goals, the team fell to pieces, and hardly troubled their keeper, we should be looking to put four or five past teams like bradford, without checking, i think they conceeded four at home to rochdale ffs, you can get lucky against a bigger team once, but not twice

spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 pm

spirit wrote:the criminal thing is that this situation was totally avoidable, we didnt need to spend millions on transfer fees and wages, to throw so many youngsters into the team was crazy, some of these players should be be playing ten to fifteen games a season to get up to speed, instead we rely on them to play the whole season, when their confidence is so obviously shot, after bradford equalised we still had half an hour to score two goals, the team fell to pieces, and hardly troubled their keeper, we should be looking to put four or five past teams like bradford, without checking, i think they conceeded four at home to rochdale ffs, you can get lucky against a bigger team once, but not twice

Spot on.
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top