Top of the league

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Top of the league

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:40 pm

For the next ten minutes anyway. Enjoy the moment
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Tell you want though, we keep our first 11 fit this season and we will give anyone a run for their money.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chelsea

Post  truevillan on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Robbed by John Terry ....clearly a penalty ... well played tho Villa
avatar
truevillan

Posts : 509
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : south birmingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:48 pm

I was watching a stream but I must admit, I thought it came off his head onto his arm and a penalty would be harsh.

Thought Delph was exceptional tonight.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  truevillan on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Delph is defo improving... bring on Liverfool Saturday for a home win !!
avatar
truevillan

Posts : 509
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : south birmingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:21 pm

When I saw the fixtures I thought we'd be doing well to have a point from the first three games. Haven't seen any of it tonight but according to SSN we played well and after last season's horror show pride has been restored somewhat. Two away games against CL opposition and we have three points and a positive goal difference aint bad for a side who looked doomed 6 months ago. Arsenal's great win in Turkey tonight is further proof of how our lads have improved.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Kevin Friend.. What a complete wanker of a ref.. So far up Chelsea's arse it was embarrassing..

Ivanovic should've been sent off.. His goal was offside and if the terry handball had been Vlaar.. Friend would've blown for a pen in seconds..

Add to that Weimann had two great chances to score too and we were very very unlucky to not get at least one point tonight..

6 months ago we were smashed 8-0 here.. Now we have come away feeling robbed..

Benteke will score 20 this season if he stays fit.. Delph is looking the business in midfield..

Lastly.. Okore.. Will be valued at 18M this time next year Very Happy
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:07 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Benteke will score 20 this season if he stays fit.. Delph is looking the business in midfield..

Lastly.. Okore.. Will be valued at 18M this time next year Very Happy
Good job we didn't ditch Delph like you want in the middle of last season.

Agree on Okore, he looks class.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  jak on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:10 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Kevin Friend.. What a complete wanker of a ref.. So far up Chelsea's arse it was embarrassing..

Ivanovic should've been sent off.. His goal was offside and if the terry handball had been Vlaar.. Friend would've blown for a pen in seconds..

Add to that Weimann had two great chances to score too and we were very very unlucky to not get at least one point tonight..

6 months ago we were smashed 8-0 here.. Now we have come away feeling robbed..

Benteke will score 20 this season if he stays fit.. Delph is looking the business in midfield..

Lastly.. Okore.. Will be valued at 18M this time next year Very Happy
The standard of refereeing is shite. Too many games decided by poor refs, week in week out.
Their inconsistency ruins too many games. Too many false results.

jak

Posts : 16010
Join date : 2009-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:46 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Benteke will score 20 this season if he stays fit.. Delph is looking the business in midfield..

Lastly.. Okore.. Will be valued at 18M this time next year Very Happy
Good job we didn't ditch Delph like you want in the middle of last season.

Agree on Okore, he looks class.
Yes it is a good job.. Even better that he's not playing shit anymore.. It does help Very Happy

Hopefully another midfielder will come in this week..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:50 am

I'd be surprised if we sign another player this window and i'm still not convinced Benteke will be with us after September 2nd. Fingers crossed.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:03 am

roadoftrinity wrote:I was watching a stream but I must admit, I thought it came off his head onto his arm and a penalty would be harsh.

Just seen it again, it was a definite handball, I think he actually meant it.


roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:08 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I'd be surprised if we sign another player this window and i'm still not convinced Benteke will be with us after September 2nd. Fingers crossed.
Shocked  Got out of the wrong side of the bed did we..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:13 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I'd be surprised if we sign another player this window and i'm still not convinced Benteke will be with us after September 2nd. Fingers crossed.
Shocked  Got out of the wrong side of the bed did we..
Are you confident of signing more players seeing that pretty much all of our business was done a month ago, suggesting that was how lambert wanted it?
And with the way Benteke has started don't you think as the window approaches the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea who are both needing a striker will be interested?

QB = Realist
Ades = Dipstick
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:15 pm

| was joking.. but seems i was right..

QB = Loss of sense of humor..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:17 pm

As for Benteke.. i text Lutes yesterday saying if was to score against Chelsea and Pool i could see a bid coming from Chelsea or Arsenal..

I can't see him going thou unless its 40M plus.. even then i rather we kept him till next season..

As for another player.. i still think if the right player comes up PL will try and get him in..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:26 pm

If a bid comes in then Villa should say he's not for sale at any price as we won't get anyone to replace him at such short notice. How much Lerner is actually backing Lambert will be seen if a bid of £25m + is actually tabled. Will he turn it down?
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:27 pm

I don't think we will sell him, we will stand firm now it's so late in the window.

They put a time limit on it before, also they stood firm on the one with Barry.

Obviously money talks and Benteke will kick up a fuss. We will keep him till January at least.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:32 pm

QBVILLA wrote:If a bid comes in then Villa should say he's not for sale at any price as we won't get anyone to replace him at such short notice. How much Lerner is actually backing Lambert will be seen if a bid of £25m + is actually tabled. Will he turn it down?
I think he will.. he knows Benteke is a massive asset.. one that will help us finish a few places higher in the table and also probably still be worth 30M come end of season..

Benteke is our mini Bale.. we should keep him this season and if he goes next season then in the summer use the 30M for him plus a small portion of the new sky money to get in four players who will improve us..

As for Lerner.. he will back him but slowly.. this season we have spent a mere 7M net and i still won't forgive the man for leaving us to sink or swim in the Jan window..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:45 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:If a bid comes in then Villa should say he's not for sale at any price as we won't get anyone to replace him at such short notice. How much Lerner is actually backing Lambert will be seen if a bid of £25m + is actually tabled. Will he turn it down?
I think he will.. he knows Benteke is a massive asset.. one that will help us finish a few places higher in the table and also probably still be worth 30M come end of season..

Benteke is our mini Bale.. we should keep him this season and if he goes next season then in the summer use the 30M for him plus a small portion of the new sky money to get in four players who will improve us..

As for Lerner.. he will back him but slowly.. this season we have spent a mere 7M net and i still won't forgive the man for leaving us to sink or swim in the Jan window..
We don't know what he said, or what funds he made available and whether it was down to the manager.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Yes all about speculation and debate BUT i doubt very very much that PL thought Sylla and Dawson were the answer to our relegation mire..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Well we didn't go down and results improved significantly with Sylla in the side.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:09 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Yes all about speculation and debate BUT i doubt very very much that PL thought Sylla and Dawson were the answer to our relegation mire..
Lambert is his own man, he never thought the experience of Warnock, Hutton, Bent, Given was the answer. I don't doubt for one second that it was Lamberts descision who he brought in.


roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:04 am

I don't agree.. i think if he had funds he would have targeted players.. Cissoko and Couthinio being examples ( obv paper talk ).. i think if he had the funds and wage bill he would ahve attempted to bring them in.. Dawkins punt proves he had no finances..

As for the others.. Warnock and Hutton he played in pre season before deciding there shite.. Bent and Given he started but both didn't pull up tress so he dropped them.. ireland and Bannan were given half a season before he ditched them..

All four of the above mentioned players.. IF they had performed well he wouldn't have dropped them..
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Top of the league

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum